“lapethos where i felt upset” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Lapta Holiday Club Hotel

You added Lapta Holiday Club Hotel to your Saves list
Lapta Holiday Club Hotel
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Maresal Fevzi Cakmak Caddesi | PO Box 90, Lapta, Cyprus (Formerly Lapethos Resort Hotel & Spa)   |
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Lapta
Tehran, Iran
“lapethos where i felt upset”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

This text is my opinion.My husband and i were here for a week in mars 2013.our room was in first floor but The hotel dosn't have lift.rooms were big, quiet and cleaned daily and bed was comfortable, around the building was beautiful because of several plants.A/C didn't work i felt cold after seversl times hinted to reception, they gave us an electrical heater. wi-fi signal was only in lobby. our tour was H.B, breakfast was a variety of delicious chees, butter, jams, breads and ... that i liked them, but dinner was poor, one or two main food that couldn't compair with breakfast.
After take a shower, water going from under the door to the room, we put a towel behinde the door.
After all the worst point of this hotel was the service to passengers, the personel of reception desk and restaurant were unresponsive and unfriendly, they didn,t pay enough attention to passenger needs. I felt rove in this hotel, i whould't come to this hotel again.
For going to city center we use the white minibuses that passing from front of the hotel.
the date below is wrong we were here in mars 2013.

Room Tip: I think first floor are better because there is no lift.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Accra, Ghana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2015

My husband and I stayed here in August 2013 and had a fabulous holiday. That being said, it had nothing to do with the hotel. It's an amazing area, we love the pools and the beach and very much enjoyed the Mediterranean food served at breakfast and dinner. The actual rooms were dated, we did not have A/C and complained a few times - they assured us it was going to be fixed but never was. I don't remember the reception staff being overly friendly, but they were not rude. The cleaning and maintenance staff were lovely. I do remember feeling ripped off when our tour organizer offered us a boat ride at a much higher price than we saw while walking around the harbour - I would recommend going there and finding a boat that you think looks fun and booking directly with them (for example: they had ones with bathing decks, slides, foam parties, etc. and the one we booked through our hotel was nothing special for more money.) I would go back here, just because we had a groupon and it was an amazing deal.

Croydon, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

The only reason for 2 on the ratings is we got this really cheap and the pools were very clean. We stayed for 2 nights, first time we had time allone since having our daughter and we were really looking forward to it. we live on the south side of cyprus so this was a cheap way of going on 'holiday'. wouldnt recommend it to anyone! the food was almost inedible, aside from the salad - everthing was swimming in liquid and oil or dry as a bone! our walls in the bedroom were peeling off and damp.. there was a lamp with no plug on the bedside table.. the corridors were filthy and i repeatedly saw dirty cups and plaates outside rooms all day long. im so glad we were only there 2 nights as this iuis a much shorterr version of my list of issues!!!

ellesmere port
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2014

My friend and I stayed in this hotel for one week at the end of September. We arrived at midnight and were given a large bottle of water as the bars had closed. we were directed to our room in the main building. It was a nice room and yes I agree some of the areas are a little tired. The bathroom walls needed a little attention but not bad. The curtains were very dirty and they were changed on day 5. The one thing in this hotel is that the water is not hot. Most days we could have a bath but as the temperature outside was in the 30s it wasnt a problem. Not sure it would be acceptable in the autumn.
We could always find something to eat, the salads were plentiful but not a great choice in the hot section and I use the word hot loosely. The owners ate in the hotel so obviously they found the food acceptable. I would say that I always try the food of the country I am in but I think the problem was it was luke warm. It is a pity that there was no fruit at breakfast and the fruitjuice watered down and sat in the sun all day. The yoghurt was lovely.
One problem which I think was due to the laziness of catering staff was that on 2 nights at 8pm we could not get white wine. When we spoke to reception (owners I think) they were horrified and immediately went to get boxes of white wine. From that day there were boxes of wine at every bar. Reception were always very helpful.
The pool area was lovely, we could always get sunbeds and towels and the area around the pool only slippy when wet which is normal at all pools.
We did enjoy our holiday and I dont think this hotel is as bad as some people said but we think if we went back to Lapta we would stay on a b and b basis as the food and drink outside was very reasonable.

Room Tip: apparently the rooms in the main building are the best.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Prague, Czech Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2014

We stayed here for one week and had a room in the main building. The room was spacious enough, some repairs needed, but we could live with that :)
They were cleaned every day.

The pool area is nice and huge enough for everyone, but make sure you take your sunbed with your towel or someone else will have it.
It's not true it's cheap and unsafe ! every swimming pool has wet edges and you just have to be careful.There were some karaoke nights and parties till midnight. The bartenders should learn more english :)

The breakfast is average but nothing special, after 2 days I got 'Diarrhea'. There should be some coffee maker at least.
The lunch was good, but again nothing special.
The dinner all the same like b'fast and lunch.
Staff at the restaurant was friendyl and very helpful !!!

If you rent car for couple of days, you should get to know northern Cyprus much easier than buy a trips and tours.

Room Tip: Ask for the room in main building which is basicly behind the reception
oxford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights with 2 other families, all inclusive. We had been located next to each other. Our room was lovely and good size for 2 adults and a child. Receptionist was extremely pleasant and helpful.food was fine, good selection of salad, children's menu was very limited, but usually food within the adult menu was available for them. Breakfast, consisted of local cuisine, which may not be to all people's palate. But there was toast cereal and fruit. Staff very friendly and helpful. Wine, beer and local spirits included but not cocktails. Snacks provided during the day were fine. Hotel was clean and tidy a little tired. The night time entertainment was interesting, limited and not really very good. But probably more to do with the audience than their abilities. Water park is fab, that makes it worth while. Children loved it, lovely pools, and slides. Again a little tired but nothing overly to be concerned about. Surroundings were fine, no more slippery than any other hotel pool side. Just have to take care.

We did get pool towel tickets, they are non existent. We got told to come back after 2pm to get our towels, then when we went back it was too late. It became quite a joke in the end. Fortunately we had taken our own.
It clearly states that the water park area is not included in the all inclusive package, all we did was go for a couple of hours wander 5 minutes to the hotel bar, grab a drink, play in the pool for a while and then wander back. It's not a problem.

It's a good hotel for the price you pay I didn't see any scabby animals scavenging around the hotel there is a dog that wanders around the reception, but looks healthy enough and is removed from any of the eating area.
No apparent noise late at night, appears everything finishes at midnight anyway.

Room Tip: Take your own pool towels . It doesn't appear there are any lifts either, so may need to ask to...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Ayios nikolaos
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Initially thought it was ok, the room to be fair was fine, A/C worked and was clean enough. Was all inclusive but had to keep asking what was included as it was never explained. Food is terrible, disgusting in fact. The water park on site did do food and drink but this is not included in the cost. The large swimming pool looked amazing until we walked around it and nearly fell over, in fact I saw no less than 6 people fall onto hard concrete due to it being so slippy. Stray dogs chew on any clothes you may have next to your sun lounger. I stood on a broken pint glass in the pool one afternoon, luckily I never cut myself, I reported this immediately but It wasn't cleaned until the next morning, it says it all really, don't risk getting you or you kids sent to hospital go else where.

• Stayed August 2014

Been to Lapta Holiday Club Hotel? Share your experiences!