My friend and I went to this hotel in June 2012. We are two 20 year old girls and this was our first holiday away together as friends. We booked this holiday through Cyprus Paradise, as they offered the best deal. The only down side to this holiday was the 6 hour flight in very cramped conditions. I would like to mention at this point that i am disabled and have difficulty walking. Our travel rep was very accommodating and even gave us a lift to the beach! He also got us pushed to the front of the line at the airport on our return.
The food was really good and the views whilst we ate were fantastic. We got on well with the staff and the waiters, who made jokes and made us laugh. We stayed in the Olivia Court suite. Our en suite bathroom door didn't shut properly, there was signs of damp in the corner of the room and we had to share a double bed, but we didn't mind any of that, because we're not picky. It didn't tarnish the rest of our holiday.
It is advisable that you are very discreet when buying bottles of water and make sure you are not seen taking any into your room, as it will be confiscated. However, if you pay £5, they will put 2 bottles of still and sparkling water and 2 cans of coke in your fridge in your room.
We took a trip to the nearby beach and went jet-skiing and para-gliding. We also went on a boat trip, which was very peaceful, but if we hadn't found another lady to chat to, we might have got a bit bored. We took one of the many minibuses, just outside the hotel into the town, so it's accessible if you're disabled. I'd also recommend the excursion around the peninsular, as you go to the green turtle beach, which is the most fantastic beach i've ever seen. We also went to the spa twice, which was fantastic!
All in all, the town and hotel are very safe, the staff are friendly and i would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to go away for a cheap, good value for money holiday. Don't listen to some of the bad reviews, because some people have one bad experience and it completely tarnishes their view of the rest of the holiday. Some people are too picky. We had a fantastic time and my partner and i plan to go this June.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lapethos Resort is set on the shores of the Mediterranean with a backdrop of stunning mountain scenery. It has three outdoor pools, including a lively aquapark with fun waterslides. It boasts a stylish spa and offers a choice of accommodation for all tastes and budgets. The charming village of Lapta is a short walk away and the resort town of Kyrenia is within easy reach. Lapethos Resort is the perfect setting for a relaxed holiday! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick and Otel so you can book your Lapethos Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lapethos Resort Hotel And Casino & Spa
- Lapethos Resort Hotel Lapta
- Lapethos Resort Hotel & Spa Cyprus/Lapta