This hotel can be booked for a modest price, so expectations should be in line with that. It is not terrible, nor is it great. In fact, it seems to be struggling in many ways. The casino is closed and the beach jetty, while lovely, is tatty and in disrepair. Food is modest but tolerable -- lots of salads and mezze-type dishes but meat and fish dishes few and not great. Bar food (burger, tuna salad) not very good either. Entertainment quite poor, one evening consisted of youtube clips being projected onto a screen). The night manager is a rather grumpy chap, who really could use a hospitality industry refresher course. Small gestures like offering tired guests a free soft drink (drinks had to be paid for and sandwiches to replace the evening meal were only offered when requested) would make the start of the holiday far more welcoming, especially when arriving in the wee small hours of the morning. On the good side, the citrus groves and gardens of the hotel are lovely, and rooms are generously sized and clean. Likewise, it was quiet when we visited and there were very few people around the second, smaller pool. Very peaceful.
I notice two of the very positive reviews below end in '1661'. Interesting, given that they come on the heels of a rash of very bad reviews. Just an observation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lapta Holiday Club Hotel is set on the shores of the Mediterranean with a backdrop of stunning mountain scenery. It has three outdoor pools, including a lively aquapark with fun waterslides. It boasts a stylish spa and offers a choice of accommodation for all tastes and budgets. The charming village of Lapta is a short walk away and the resort town of Kyrenia is within easy reach. Lapta Holiday Club Hotel is the perfect setting for a relaxed holiday! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lapethos Resort Hotel Lapta
- Lapethos Resort Hotel And Casino & Spa
- Lapta Holiday Club Hotel Cyprus