“Peaceful, Affordable B&B near Florence” 5 of 5 stars
Review of I Due Cipressi Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grassina
I Due Cipressi Bed and Breakfast
Via di Vacciano, 26, 50012 Grassina, Italy   |
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Peaceful, Affordable B&B near Florence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My wife and I just stayed at I Due Cipressi Bed and Breakfast and were very pleased. When we first booked the room, we were a little surprised that they didn’t take credit cards. We had to send an international money transfer and put 30% down to reserve the room. It was a little different, but don’t let that scare you off. For 70 euro a night, it was worth it!

We had a car, and drove up a windy hillside road to the B&B. When we pulled into the property and stepped out of the vehicle, we were greeted with a lovely smell of honeysuckle and fresh flowers. Our hostess, Angela, met us and showed us to our room. The room was very nice with vaulted wooden beamed ceilings, a double bed, and a private bathroom. Everything was clean and nicely furnished. The B&B is very quiet and tranquil and a great escape from the busy city.
Angela was a wonderful hostess. She speaks a little English and we spoke a little Italian, so we were able to communicate alright. If you don’t speak any Italian, you might struggle a little. Our breakfasts were great. Angela asked us if we wanted an American or an Italian breakfast. Of course, we traveled to another country to experience their culture, not bring ours with us, so we opted for the Italian breakfast. We ate out on the terrace and had a fantastic view of the Tuscan countryside.

You definitely need a car to stay here. There is a park-and-ride right in town where you can park your car for a couple euro and ride a bus into town, however, we opted to drive 6 km to Piazzale Michelangelo where you can park for free and walk (down a very steep hill!) into town.
When it came time to leave, Angela gave us our balance the day before and we paid in cash. She was also kind enough to mail our postcards out for us. Overall, this B&B was perfect for us and exactly what we were looking for. To stay in Tuscany, just outside of Florence for 70 euros a night – and get free breakfast- is amazing! Highly recommended.

Aaron and Brenda Foster

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

6 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Still looking for a hotel?
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grassina
Hotel Relais Villa Il Sasso 5.0 of 5 stars 77 reviews Podere Casanova 4.0 of 5 stars 1 reviews
View all 0 hotels in Grassina, ranked by popularity

Been to I Due Cipressi Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!