“Curb your expectation” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Lavasa
chennai, india
“Curb your expectation”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I was at this hotel with my 2 kids, husband and in laws for a day over the weekend before Diwali. Its an expensive hotel, which has nothing much to offer. Both food and rooms are average. Kebabs at The Earthen Oven could get better and the spread at the breakfast buffet could be less desi. One feels sinfully stuffed after those aloo parantha, poori subzi, dosa and idlie for breakfast! Service is nothing to write about. This hotel is at the heart of town, or by the promenade, where one can take a walk by the lake. Try out a meal at the American Diner, if you are in a mood for a juicy burger, some onion rings and beer battered fish & chips. There's nothing much to do in Lavasa, other than just appreciate mother nature. Not even a boat ride or a candle light dinner by the water, where one can just sit outside for hours and unwind. It's a one time visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

246 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Hotel management need to clean the pool on regular basis
Except that the service is good
The 24 hour coffee shop
The bar
Specially room service
The staff was good enough
They know how to take care of visitors needs

• Stayed September 2012
GM_FSDPune, General Manager at Fortune Select Dasve, Lavasa, responded to this review, November 27, 2012

Greetings from Fortune Select Dasve, Lavasa, Pune !

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Lavasa.

At Fortune Select Dasve,Lavasa, it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valueable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to Fortune Select Dasve and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We wrere group of 16 and booked eight double rooms with all meals in sept.2012 al Lavasa.Hotel was best in Lavasa, very good rooms, ambience, hospitality and very good food. Th ey have very good lobby and banquent room for get together or conferences.The food was excellant . Staff was very cooperative. We were given lake facing rooms and they were very good. Nothing to complain.I was rainy season and Lavasa being on heaight ,there was dizzeling rain and. So climate was excellant.Excellant bar and very nice atmosphere.This hotel is best in Lvasa and very near to Lavsa project office.

Room Tip: lake view rooms on higher floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

A workshop was organised for around 50 executives during 19-20 July 2012 in this property. Conference Hall was a bit congested to accommodate such number. Otherwise it was a pleasant stay, nice arrangements.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
GM_FSDPune, General Manager at Fortune Select Dasve, Lavasa, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for the wonderful feedback on our hotel features & facilities while your positive comments on our team inspires us to keep doing better to make every guests stay memorable.
Look forward to pleasure of serving you once again in near future.

Warm Regards,
Chetan Bhatnagar
Pune, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Even though I didn't stay at the Fortune hotel during my visit to Pune, just a tour of the hotel and a meal at Zodiac won my heart. The rooms are cosy and comfortable. The food is finger lickin good!! I would compare the pizza to any pizzeria on the streets of Rome. And served graciously by the staff. Simply awesome!
The hotel's proximity to the Promenade is an added advantage. One can walk and laze around.

In short, Lavasa is a complete weekend getaway destination and Fortune is its epicentre.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Pune, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

For 9000 a night over weekends, I expect fantastic service, however this is not to be at this hotel. The staff seems pretty inexperienced. The food is fairly decent. There are no wines available except Indian 9 hills. We asked for a smoking room and were booked into a non-smoking room. The interiors of the rooms are very average. The showers are already leaking and the paint is peeling. There is no option of late checkout unless I am willing to pay half the rate for the next day. I would not recommend a stay at this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

The hotel is taking undue advantage of it's monopoly of being the only 4 star hotel in Lavasa !!!! All facilities are below average be it the rom itself, the restaurant or room service !!!! The food at their restaurants is very much below average and the pricing is exorbitant !!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GM_FSDPune, General Manager at Fortune Select Dasve, Lavasa, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice. I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at
Fortune Select Dasve,Lavasa.

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that I am investigating the causes for me to personally address. I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services

At Fortune Select Dasve,Lavasa., it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency.

Regards,

Been to Fortune Select Dasve, Lavasa? Share your experiences!