“Absolutely perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Absolutely perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The hotel was very nice and accommodating with a family friendly environment. We ate at Riptides and were treated like royalty. The food was superior! Michael (the manager) and Allison (our waitress) went above and beyond to ensure we were completely satisfied. These two are definitely an asset to your establishment! Thank you!

• Stayed July 2014
Ron W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach Gulf Front, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Our mission is to always provide the very best service and product available. When we fall a little short we have the opportunity to “own” it and make it right and we always try to do that. We want every guest happy every time.
Thank you for writing this review and for mentioning Michael and Allison. They are assets to our resort. .
Ron Wilson, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the resort for four nights. We were able to check in early. The front desk was very friendly, but seemed to have a lot of inexperienced employees which made everything a bit slower.

The room was very nice and had a beautiful view of the gulf and the pool. That day we went to the beach and the pool. Both are very nice and well maintained. The beach had plenty of space to find an area to put all of our stuff despite lazy days rentals having a large area in front of the hotel. The pool however is very difficult to get a chair unless you stake out a spot by 930 AM. The pool is great and my seven year old loved the lazy river. There is also children activities going on most of the day which my seven year old loved as well. My two year old did not have as much to do as there is only a small kids pool there. (We were spoiled by the splash pad at the Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach the year before)

We ate at the restaurant twice and both times service was very slow. I was shocked one morning where the hostess said there was no booths available when I was starring at 4 empty ones. She finally let us have one when a server agreed to help us in a booth.

The one thing I was the most disappointed with on my stay was that one of my beds had dirty sheets when I checked in. It was late, and my kids were already asleep, so I went down and got sheets to change the bed myself. During the stay, we opted to only have our room cleaned twice and were left with no towels one time and trash not taken out another time. Because the rest of the resort is very clean and I could see preventative maintenance being done on rooms the everyday, I assume that I got a new or below average housekeeper. Judging by most reviews the rooms are usually clean.

All in all despite the few hiccups, I am giving this hotel 4 stars. I spent 15 years of my career in the hotel industry in all departments and I can tell when a hotel is managed well. This one is and I hope that with a few minor improvements this hotel can be excellent.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I’ve already addressed the restaurant hiccups and housekeeping as well. Their intentions are all very good and realize they need improvements sometimes. We appreciate you choosing us and hope you will return for another stay with us.

Central Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This hotel is wonderful! The service was top notch, the rooms are well maintained, and the activities are very family friendly. I traveled for work/pleasure and brought along my grown daughter. She got to enjoy the pool and beach while I worked nearby each day. The last day we enjoyed everything together. Even though the resort is geared to entertain families with small children, the experience for grownups is very relaxing and peaceful. The kids are entertained with activities throughout the day including swimming with a mermaid. I am a little worried that my daughter may quit college to become a mermaid though!

Room Tip: All rooms have a view...either the gulf or the bay. No need to pay extra for a gulf view unless you...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I have good news for your daughter. We love visiting mermaids so let her know to bring her tail next time. We look forward to your next visit and thank you for the very nice overall comments.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Very nice beach hotel. The rooms aren't "beach musty smelling". The rooms and hallway are a little tired but everything is clean and fresh. Maintenance is on their game by keeping things up. Hotel staff is friendly with lots of smiles.
Restaurant offers waffles and omlets prepared by friendly kitchen staff.
This was a business trip for me but I saw tons of family.
My bed is very comfortable and plenty of pillows. The A/C works great. The room is very quiet. I can't hear a lot of hall noise and hear no neighbors.
I would bring my family to stay here.
Best of all...lots of electrical outlets so I didn't have to move furniture or crawl on my knees.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing us. Your comments are very nice and appreciated. Please come back very soon.
Demopolis alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We spent two nights at this hotel and had a fabulous time. I am an older dad(67) and I took my 16 year old son and 12 year old daughter for a micro vacation (2 days). We had a gulf-front room about 7 floors up and the room was very nice by any standards. The room had a small fridge and a microwave. We had brought up an ice chest, so didn't need it. I had heard complaints about parking, but we were there the day before July 4 and we managed to get an excellent parking space every time. We ate the buffet breakfast, and it wasn't remarkable, but clean, adequate, and tasty. I thought it was also very modestly priced at, I think, below $10. There was a teenie tiny lazy river, but we just went around many times and really enjoyed it. My only complaint was that the pool/beach towels were hard and scratchy. Room towels were soft and fluffy. Must be different laundry operations. A/C worked great and all plumbing worked fine. The staff was friendly and helpful. The lobby was pretty tiny, but we thought that was an advantage because we could zip through to the elevators while still slightly dripping from the pool or gulf.
Overall, I thought we got a great value for the money and we will definitely go back and recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We appreciate your review. Great value is what we hope all guests feel they receive. We want you to always stay with us and please tell the world about us. Many thanks.

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Clean facilities, great location, great rooms, friendly staff, beautiful pool, tiki bar, good restaurant, room service, premium liquors - what is not to like? Sure there are a lot of kids, but who doesn't like seeing kids have fun at the beach? We had our own grown up fun right along side of the families. This was our second trip, and we will be back...

Room Tip: go all in and get a gulf view with balcony
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your review. Feels just right is perfect. We want you to always stay with us and please tell the world about us. Many thanks.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

It's so nice when you find a hotel on the internet and it turns out to be what was advertised and then some, this hotel fits that bill. We were checked in by a very pleasant woman named, Holly.
Our room was on the 11th floor, over looking the pool and the beach. The room was clean and comfortable, the shower had two shower heads, one fixed and one hand held. The door out to the balcony was a solid glass door as were the windows, very little outside noise came through. The bed was very comfortable. Yes, it is a kid friendly place but that isn't a problem if you don't have children. There is a small bar off the lobby with a couple TV's and they have a nice out door bar over looking the beach above the pool area. We were there on a Thursday night, they had set up an outdoor movie screen and played a movie near the pool. The beach is wonderful, light fluffy white sand, the beach never got crowded. Close to the hotel, on the beach are several restaurant/bars to go to right on the beach, a cold beer and a couple fish taco's never tasted so good!

Room Tip: If you like the beach, then the beach side is the place you get a room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your review. We certainly try to be everything we advertise. In fact, we always try to keep a few tricks as you said for a real surprise. Our kid’s activities, mermaids, pirates, and dive in movies are a huge hit. Thank you and we hope you will always choose us for your vacation spot. Come again soon.

Ron Wilson, CHA

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach Gulf Front? Share your experiences!