Recently stayed at the Holiday Inn on the beach for a family vacation. This hotel is practically new (as of 2012). This hotel is great for families, especially those with younger kids; singles and couples looking for a "romantic getaway" would be better off choosing a different hotel. There's a "lazy river" in the pool, along with mock pirate battles. The deepest the pool gets is about 5 feet. There's also a small indoor "pool" (which is about 15 feet square). A short walk over the dunes brings you to the beach.
The only downside was the restaurant. The speed and service in the hotel restaurant were absolutely abysmal. On our first night, we went for dinner and had to ask the waitress multiple times for drink orders or to have orders corrected or drinks refilled. Half the dinner came out and then the other half came out 20 minutes later. The next day, we went at lunch and, although the service was much better, we had a similar experience when it comes to speed. We must have waited 45 minutes for a relatively simple order to come out and, even then, all but one of them came out. One person in our party had to wait another 15-20 minutes to get their meal while the rest of us either ate or waited to be polite.
So overall, I'd recommend the hotel itself, but I'd recommend guests avoid the restaurant and instead walk across the street. There's a pizza and Italian restaurant immediately across from the hotel and, just down the street is the boardwalk with tons of restaurant choices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront rooms enjoy panoramic views of emerald green waters of the Gulf of Mexico and 52 miles of sugar white sand. We have the best pool on Pensacola Beach with a 250 foot lazy river, cascading waterfall & 2 hot tubs. Other amenities include Riptides Sports Grill & beachfront Tiki bar, beach view fitness center, and family suites. Seasonally we offer ‘Dive Inn’ evening movies, supervised children’s activities, mermaids and pirates. Additionally we have some of the very best views on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach Gulf Front reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach Gulf Front Hotel Pensacola Beach
- Beachside Resort Pensacola
- Beachside Hotel Pensacola