“Decent food and service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Decent food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2008

The food at Flounder's was just fine. It wasn't spectacular, but we got excellent service and weren't disappointed with our food choices. My fish (mahi mahi) was well-seasoned and the portion was pretty large for a seafood dish. My husband's steak was quite tender, although we both agreed that it could have used a ton more seasoning. I had a bowl of chowder, which was very good. Our final opinion was that we would not mind going there again someday if we're in the area, but it was nothing to write home about.

76% Recommend
Plano, Texas
“Wish we'd gone elsewhere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2008

Nice place for the kids to play, and the waiter was nice enough, but service was lacking, we were overcharged, and the food wasn't that great. Not a whole lot of flavor.

Tampa
“Bad food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2008

Bad food. Tilapia masquerading as Flounder in my order. My daughter loved the playground, but the food is awful. The seafood -- not fresh, the bread -- hard as a rock, oysters -- fishy, chowder -- curdled. Worst food I've had in a long time. This place thrives on the tourist trade as proof it has an attached gift shop. If you like good food -- avoid it like the plague.

florida
“not recommended”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2007

I live near pensacola beach and am always looking for restaurants to take visitors. I have been to flounders twice, once in the middle of the summer heat and once in the off season. The first time it was very crowded and the second it was empty. It made no difference, the wait was extremely long, the food was mediocre and quite expensive. I realize that it is geared for tourists, hence the expensive part but being on the gulf I expect awesome seafood if nothing else. The location is great but there are better choices on the beach.

Alexandria, LA
“Completely disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2007

Flounder's was the first restaurant we ever went to during our very first PB vacation 13 years ago. It was always one of our favorites, but no longer. Our last two visits have been terrible. We were there in August and had the worst meal of our entire vacation. My son and I ordered calamari, and had to send it back. It was like trying to eat fried rubber bands. Our server substituted another appetizer, but it arrived at the same time as our entrees. I had a blackened fish that was really undercooked. It couldn't eat but a few bites. My husband said his food had little or no taste.

Since we were there in the middle of August, it was very hot. We asked to sit inside and were told that they weren't seating anyone inside, only on the back patio. There wasn't a sufficient number of fans, and it was very uncomfortable to sit in the heat. That, along with the bad food, really was the final straw.

It was very sad for us to see that this place had been reduced to another sub-par restaurant.