“Laid-back feel and has a playground” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Milton, Florida
“Laid-back feel and has a playground”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

i always like going to Peg Leg Petes becuase it has a relaxed feel to it, the food is great, and they even have a kids playground on site.

Visited October 2012

“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I loved this place, sort of bohemian, open air, the food was great. Service was great. There was a mixed seafood dish that was recommended to me that I had that was the best I have ever had.

• Visited January 2013
Milton, Florida, United States
“Linda Chumley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The best Grouper I have ever eaten.I have had Shrimp and Scallops also-all fantastic.The Oysters on the half shell are the best ever.I have eaten a ton of raw Oysters in my life,but,these are the best.The man at the bar is so friendly & makes sure the customers are all waited on promptly.All the staff is great.You haven't had Seafood till you eat at Peg Leg Petes.

• Visited December 2012
Goreville, Illinois
“Arrr, maitey!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

great food, excellent service, good prices,
We didn't have to stand in line and there were several people there. Everyone was having fun. It was loud, but no one got out of hand! Our waiter was very personable!

Visited December 2012
Pensacola, Florida
“A Local Favorite!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I live in Pensacola so I'm down at the beach pretty often (most recently yesterday). This time of year, most of the businesses and restaurants are pretty quiet...except for one. Peg Leg Pete's is packed pretty much 24/7. This place has something that appeals to everyone. There's a playground downstairs for kids and a bar (The Underwhere? Bar) where you can grab a drink and listen to live music while you wait for a table. Try the Bushwacker or the Shipwreck, both are delicious. If you order a Shipwreck, it will come in a plastic souvenir glass you can keep. Bring it back next time you come in and you'll get Shipwrecks for a dollar off.

I can honestly say I've never had anything bad or even mediocre here. They oysters are always delicious. I tend to shy away from eating oysters during the summer months as the warm water temperatures can make the oysters taste kinda funky. However, I had a dozen raw oysters at Peg's in the middle of August and they were some of the best I've ever tasted. The blue crab fingers are also very good and the grouper sandwich is excellent. The staff here is always very friendly and attentive, I've never had bad service here, either.

This place is popular with both tourists and locals and we always bring our friends and family here when they are visiting from out of town.

• Visited January 2013