“2014 Trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pensacola Beach RV Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pensacola Beach
Pensacola Beach RV Resort
You added Pensacola Beach RV Resort to your Saves list
17 Via De Luna Dr, Pensacola Beach, FL 32561   |
Kenner, Louisiana, United States
“2014 Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Since our last stay the resort has done some major upgrades to the beach and extra parking. There is more control to the watering system. The security of the grounds is much better. Wifi was good most of the time but lost it a couple of times. Overall much better and seems to be improving.

Room Tip: Camping sites along road are a little noisy because next to the road. Better to get the 3rd or 4th...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
PensacolaBeachRV, Guest Relations Manager at Pensacola Beach RV Resort, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Oldtimer2013,

We're glad you enjoyed your stay, we hope to see you soon!

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This is one of the most difficult reviews that I have ever done. This was an incredible RV facility; however there were/are concerns that I had issues with and feel I should mention.
Location is incredible. We were able to walk everywhere; restaurants, bars, shopping, the boardwalk area, and a short walk across the street to the beach. The free trolley from 4pm to midnight has a stop directly in front of the park and was convenient and easy to use.
The park was very easy to get to once on the island, and we did not have any problems navigating our 33 foot fifth wheel into the facility or our site.
We also had teenage kids in our party and felt safe allowing them to explore, shop, and hang out without adult supervision. We did demand the buddy system.
However; as mentioned, this park is not on the beach side but on the bay side. (called the Santa Rosa Sound). It does have a sandy beach, but a rocky bulk head between the sand and the water. Also the water in the sound is not pristine and most of the time while we were there had a fishy smell. There was a step pier and a kayak slot to easily enter the water.
The actual sites were pristine concrete sites. Our premium site was perfectly level and had 2 very nice pedestals. This was a very nice feature that would allow motor homes to pull in forward. This way you had a pedestal on the correct side whether backed in or pulled in forward. The water, electricity and sewer connections were very convenient and easy to use. Cable TV is available with plenty of channels to choose from. Our site was long enough for our rig and truck, and we were able to set our picnic table up on the end of our drive with an EZUp.
However; if you have one of the deluxe sites on the inside of the loop, be aware that the park designers only had motor homes in mind (pulled in forward) when they developed this section. The pedestals are on the right side if backed in with a FW or TT. Two of the families in our party were on these sites and their neighbor’s electrical cord and water hose was running through the middle of their site. This put their entry door opening to the neighbor’s pedestal and their picnic table between their neighbors pedestal and their neighbors rig. While we were there (Saturday to Saturday), the ratio was 65% FW or TT and 35 % motorhomes. Not real sure why the pedestals are designed as they are.
Also…in June of 2014, the price for a premium spot was $125 per night. The park was completely full on the weekends, but there were plenty of vacant sites during the week.
The 2 bath rooms that they had were also pristine. Very large, extremely clean and well equipped. However; they only had 2 for the entire park. And these 2 bath rooms were also located next to the pool so they were also the only potty facility for the people using the pool. We used the pool almost every day and there was a constant stream of folks running up to the potty.
The pool was very small, but it was very nice and refreshing. There were 4 or 5 tables with umbrellas and plenty of chairs and lounges. However; the park staff was apparently neglecting their pool maintenance duties and a city inspector surprised them while we were there and promptly closed the pool due to inadequate pool chemicals. The pool was then closed for almost 2 full days (6/24/14 and 6/25/14). This was very upsetting to the majority of our 7 family party.
Cable TV was completely out for one evening, and the ice machine only worked about 20 % of the time we were there. There is a liquor store directly across the street so a short walk for ice was no big deal.
The staff at the park was very nice and seem willing to accommodate; however when I approached them with my issues (mainly the pool being closed) they just blew me off.
Although this park has some issues as far as I am concerned, and their prices are extreme, I do consider this a very nice park, and we had a great vacation.

Room Tip: Premium sites were the most expensive, but we were glad we choose the premium site.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
PensacolaBeachRV, Guest Relations Manager at Pensacola Beach RV Resort, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Terry C,

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate both the good and not so good comments. We are always working on our park in attempt to make it as perfect as possible for our guests, and the reviews we receive are always a huge help.

I do want to mention the fixes we have made in the short time you have been gone. We have currently added our own white sand to the beach, as to make it seem as "beachy" as possible, we were just as unhappy with the appearance of it as you and everyone else was.

We have also fixed the infuriating numbers on the pedestals on our deluxe sites in the loop. You no longer have to run your connections through your yard, that was a MAJOR problem for us and we had to spend a lot of time and money fixing the sewage connections for those sites before we could fix the numbers.

As far as the pool, the city inspector did surprise us and it was a simple fix, one of our maintenance men put a little too much chlorine in the pool and we were required to keep it closed until someone was able to come back out and check the level. We are very sorry about the inconvenience and we now have the exact chemical ratio down and pray that it never happens again. That was a huge mistake and embarrassment on our part.

We do strive to keep our restrooms clean, and I thank you for your nice comment about them. We do have the two next to the pool, however, we also have two more inside of the building next to the laundry rooms. While 4 restrooms are still not enough, and we are currently trying to figure out another way to add a few more to decrease crowding.

Lastly, I'm very sorry about the cable not working...Mediacom wasn't our best choice when picking cable providers.

Thanks again for taking the time out to write us a review, we really appreciate it! You are definitely assisting us in better our park, and we hope to see you again soon!
Cedar City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Grant it, the location of this park is outstanding. Close to fabulous restaurants and plenty of shops to wander in to. The beach is just across the street. Just be careful crossing the busy street. Because of the location, they can over charge. We have been in a lot of RV parks and I must say, this is the ONLY one that does not provide any pull-thru's. The spaces are very tight. The showers and laundry room is located on the 2nd floor of the office building. I do not consider 3 washers and 4 dryers enough for a park of this size nor would I walk up a flight of stairs carrying a basket full of laundry! Just saying!! There are only 2 showers!! We will NOT be back to this park.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Paula D,

Thank you for taking the time out to review us. I'm very sorry that you have decided not to visit us anymore. To address your issues, we are currently trying to figure out how to add more showers as to not have any more waiting, we are just very limited on space.

As far as the building being on stilts, it was safer for us to build it this way, as we are in a flood zone and located on a barrier island. We do realize that it is inconvenient to have to walk upstairs every time you needed to shower or do laundry, however, if we were a one level structure we would most likely have to replace the laundry machines every time hurricane season rolled around. Also, we do have an elevator on the side of the clubhouse where the parking spaces are located, ready to use at your convenience.

Once again, thank you so much for your review, any and all reviews are always helpful to us for improving our park.
Box Elder, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stay there and love the lay back feeling almost like the Islands. Right close to the beach and a ton of restaurant Hemingway's was my favorite. They have an Elks Club right down the street and it is one of the nicest one I have been in. Tons of little shop to walk and look. Had a lot of fun here.

Room Tip: nice view of the sound from most spots.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
PensacolaBeachRV, Guest Relations Manager at Pensacola Beach RV Resort, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Perry K,

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to seeing you at our park again in the future!
Milton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Made reservations for the mardi gras season as our parades wrap up on Pensacola beach . Upon check in we were placed in a spot not designed for a fifth wheel ( I told them upon making reservation it was this type of camper gave them the entire length of camper + pull vehicle ) with all hooks ups on opposite sides so they were at our front door, when I was emailed about extra vehicle parking I replied saying we would have two on site - I paid $45.00 for extra parking on top of the $300+ for the weekend parked at club house area for 2 days, upon coming back to park early Sunday I was questioned if I was a paying guest and told I would have to park elsewhere so their employees could park at club house(her words)
I then moved my truck to area I was directed to park at, as I was walking back to camp site I was stopped and asked again, I said I was a guest had paid for extra parking , I was informed they are not in the extra parking business. At this point I told the person this had not been a good experience with the park, later a park employee came by and informed us the pull vehicle would need to be moved as part of the tires were on the grass. ( We had to park this way to get access to back of truck because of how the 5th wheel had to be parked) We were told the owner was funny about his grass and that was more important .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Djt621,

Thank you for your review, we are always looking to improve and your review is definitely a huge help in doing so.

I'm very sorry you had such a hard time with parking. We are a very small park and are VERY limited in parking. It is a huge stress for any of our employees, especially during Mardi Gras. We try our hardest to reserve any extra parking for our guests, and like to ensure that only our guests are getting the benefits of being able to pay for extra parking on site, rather than somewhere down the road. However, we do have 72 sites, sometimes all having extra cars and can not accommodate that. We would love to have our own parking lot, but have structures on either side of us.

It get's a little hectic during Mardi Gras and can only assume that you were asked several times if you were staying at the park only as a security precaution. I'm very sorry that the woman you talked to wasn't very nice about it, and since last Mardi Gras we have completely changed staff due to complaints such as this one, so I do believe (and hope) that that will not be the case ever again.

Finally, like you said, our park owner is very concerned about the grass, however, when you were parking in the extra parking spots along the side of that park someone should have been there to park you and make sure you were not parking in the grass. I am only assuming that wasn't the case and no one came to help you. That was a mistake on our part, but again it was a big holiday for us.

The grass is not his number one concern about the park, but is concerned that having tire marks in the grass would not look too attractive.

However, the parking should have been handled MUCH better, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. We have created a couple different procedures to make parking a lot more effective, not only for our guests, but for us as well.

I appreciate you taking the time out to write us a review, and do hope to see you soon.
Pensacola, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Well I'm a local, stayed here on Veteran's day weekend. The staff, facilities and location are great. Draw backs are price, space and no real beach area. Would be nice for a local discount in the winter months since the place was mostly empty....could help business. I did leave this feedback on their website but it wasn't posted by the mediator. I guess they only want to see the sunshine.

The big question is, would I stay here again....yes I would. Hope the review helps.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money on waterfront .
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Scott G,

Thank you for your review! We love seeing anything but the sunshine, how else would we correct our problems!

Since you have stayed we have added about 7 truck loads of white sand to create a beautiful white beach for your enjoyment. Complete with volleyball net and Lazy Days beach rentals!

As far as a local special, that is a VERY good idea! We just ran a local special and are trying to run specials for other states that we get a majority of our visitors from such as Louisiana and Texas. However, keep a look out and we may sneak another local special in for our winter season!
Kenner, Louisiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Cons - it is located on the bay which would be fine if the beach was well kept and they had better access to the water. the sites are very close together. there is no security. the camp site has to be picked up nightly because they water the grass. they have a patio pad that is just big enough for the picnic table. they claim a store that doesnot exist. the contractor that is used to cut the grass does not care and spray grass all over everything and everyone. Pros - to stay on the Island it really is the best value. the pads are level and streets are good. the place is well maintained. the pool is small but good. the bay at this location is very clear and clean. alittle hard to access but good. the location is great - walking distance to the boardwalk, the beach and shops. operators are very helpful and supper nice. even with all the cons I will go back - I love the location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Oldtimer2013,

Thanks so much for your review!

Were sorry you had to move your things off the grass every night, it just gets very hot here and if we did not water it often we would have dead grass. As far as the beach, we have greatly improved its accessibility and appearance! We are very excited to inform you that since you have stayed we have added quite a few truck loads of white sand to make the beach look absolutely wonderful! You may now access it from either of the two beach access locations, or if you are in one of our premium site located on the beach you can walk right on to it! It is much better and were just as displeased with it as you were.

To address you security concerns, we actually have work campers who live in one of our sites and are here just about all of the time. We also have on site staff, and the owners live on site as well. So there is ALWAYS someone that works for us here on site and easily reachable by either calling our office number or pushing the after hours call button at the bottom of the clubhouse stairs.

We do have a semi existent store, as we are a rather new park, were slowly working on our store a little at a time. Were doing it this way so we can figure out our guests demands and needs. We did not want to stock our store right away with things people may not want or need. We are very sorry if this inconvenienced you in any way and do hope to have a fully functioning store VERY soon.

Once again, thank you so much for taking the time out to write us a review! We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you soon!

Been to Pensacola Beach RV Resort? Share your experiences!