“Always a great experience!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
25% off room rate
Ranked #7 of 10 hotels in Pensacola Beach
pigeon forge, tn
“Always a great experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Have stayed at the Portofino a couple times now and every time is always wonderful. The staff is very professional. I love being able to run on the treadmill looking out at the bay!!! Property is well maintained and the landscaping is awesome. The pools are great the location is wonderful and the beach is awesome. I don’t even consider another property when going to Pensacola. Going back for a week in August and looking forward to it!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

291 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Pensacola Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were able to get a great rate and a beautiful condo at Portofino with Our Gulf Coast Vacation Rentals!
We had a great view and the condo was lovely! I needed a few little things that I had forgot and the staff at Our Gulf Coast went out of their way to accommodate!
We will be returning to Pensacola Beach and the Portofino next year! The weather was great in January-a couple 73 degree days!
Pleased :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bethlehem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was here for the holiday and it was awesome. We stayed in the tower closest to the beach. At first I was hesitant to stay in a room with a view of the sound rather than the gulf but it was awesome. The view at day and night was spectacular. We had fun watching the action on the tennis courts and the sound was a beautiful water and natural seascape. The rooms were beautiful and in perfect order. Not a mark on the walls. Huge and comfortable beds.

We loved the spa and indoor pool as well as bike riding and walking along the gulf and sound. It is a place to remember

Room Tip: I loved this room unit 606 in tower 3 Tower 3 sound side has nature, water and always activity of t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Twin Cities, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We just arrived last night and about froze to death. There were no blankets or comforters on the beds, and after 3 hours of waiting for housekeeping today, nothing has shown up. No one seems to care. Moreover, the other things that were supposed to be in the condo are only 75% here. The front desk claims that the room was checked before we arrived, but it's obviously set up for a July, not a November stay!

Furnishings are cheap, including sinks and fixtures. There are no mattress pads and the beds need small repairs. For $1800 a week, I would have expected more.

The only positive I can offer is that it is very clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

September 2011 we rented TWO Gulf front 3 bedroom units for a month. This was not our first visit to Portofino. The last time we stayed everything was perfect, not this time. I am just going to list everything wrong with both units. Beds HORRIBLE (no mattress protectors no blankets, dirty stained bed spreads, mattresses that were sunk in the middle and rock hard. Chipped paint everywhere, pantry locked so food had to go all over counters for a month, cracked glass cook top, dust on plants you could see across the room, track lighting with special light bulbs that the majority were burned out, custom sectional(filthy) Not enough towels for unit washing constantly, locked closets besides owners closet, silverfish, ants, filthy fronts of kitchen cabinets, sand filled common hallways, a fire alarm beeping 24 hours a day, discussed this with a resident only to be told it had been going off since June. I spent the first week cleaning and cleaning it is a shame to pay for gulf front views with windows so filthy you couldn't see out, we cleaned port hole views as a joke. I complained so much the staff would quiver when they saw me coming. Pool had some sort of scum floating in it for days. The best part after pitching such a fit I went home for a weekend staff said they would come in and clean, I had called down for mattress protectors, blankets for 10 beds (had to wash it all) another wasted day of my vacation when we came back they had stripped all the beds and took the mattress protectors and blankets and extra clean towels I had washed, even though I told them directly not to touch the beds. I took pics of everything! I know that the owners are responsible for maintaining the units, however they should also tell the owners until certain things are repaired they will not rent out the unit. Everything is now extra in the resort and $$$.

Room Tip: I suggest before you except a unit you check it out completely including laying on the bed and check...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We found this resort by luck! We spoke with the owner about her 3 bedroom condo in Gulf Shores. She informed us that it was booked but would we consider her Florida condo. She gave us the website and wow was it beautiful. So here we are going on our 7th and final day. This condo was above expectations and the employees have been super friendly. They will stand and talk to you like you have known them forever. Wouldn't change a thing about the condo! We were in the 4th Tower 7th floor. Beds were so comfortable. Furniture was amazingly comfy as was the balcony furniture. Grilled steaks one day on the electric grill built into the balcony. Pool was great. Short walk to beach. Was afraid not being directly on the beach wouldn't be as nice but it was! The resort had a Dive In Movie Wed night at the Main outside pools at the Lifestyle Center. Finding Nemo is great from inside the pool and hot tub! I dread leaving tomorrow but I guess we need to get back to the real world :)

Room Tip: We rented directly from the owner and saved a bundle compared to renting through the resort.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Anniston, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We were here in the off season. The weather was bad. We enjoyed watching Sunday football at the outdoor restaurant. Everyone was very nice, from the gate guard to the wait staff. Regular tenants were also nice. The condo was beautiful. Ours needs MINOR work. Our view was beautiful. We enjoyed the exercise room, the hot tubs and the atmosphere as we walked around the area. It is off the beaten path, but close to a lot of attractions. My friends told me I would love it. They were right.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Portofino Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!