“Beautiful place to stay.” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Portofino Dr, Pensacola Beach, FL 32561   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Anniston, Alabama
“Beautiful place to stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We were here in the off season. The weather was bad. We enjoyed watching Sunday football at the outdoor restaurant. Everyone was very nice, from the gate guard to the wait staff. Regular tenants were also nice. The condo was beautiful. Ours needs MINOR work. Our view was beautiful. We enjoyed the exercise room, the hot tubs and the atmosphere as we walked around the area. It is off the beaten path, but close to a lot of attractions. My friends told me I would love it. They were right.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in tower 1 on the 19th floor. Found the rental on frbo.com. the owner was very pleasant to deal with and the condo was beautifully decorated. Not overdone...not too minimalistic....very tasteful. Our Only complaints 're: the space itself was that it was in need of paint and carpets needed cleaning or replacing. Berber at the beach. Eek. And the bed in the master bedroom was like sleeping on a board. The last night we absolutely could not sleep in it again. We were so sore from all week. We slept on the sofa and couch. This was our honeymoon too. I would (will) advise the owner on these items too. Apparently the other two rooms the beds were very comfy. We only dined at the resort the first night. The service was very slow...big concert weekend...thought they could've been better staffed, but our food was delicious. The grounds were well kept and the surroundings...views were beautiful. We too, happened to have the best weather that Pensacola has had in a really long time the whole week we were there.
Would definitely go back...most certainly recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2012
Panama city beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The Portofino Resort is awesome! Our room was huge and the view from all sides was perfect! The front desk staff where wonderful, they were nice and helpful too! Walking through the property everyone said hello! The pool/bar area is so pretty I did not want to leave. The boat over to the festival was fun and a great way to get to the party, just wish it would have made 1 more trip around 3am.... LOL
The beach was pretty and the water was crystal clear and warm. We could not have asked for a better weekend! My whole crew was appreciative and grateful for the time we spent there! I highly recommend this resort to anyone that can get there.....

Room Tip: all rooms are top notch!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

I fell in love with the Portofino the very first time I stayed in a condo there! In 2006 my family got offered a free weeks stay at our friends condo at the Portofino! It was so beautiful and relaxing! My family and I travel all the time and have stayed many places and the Portofino is the only place I feel at home in! These are condos so people must understand you have to buy your own food and cleaning supplies! We try to come stay at the Portofino at least twice a year! It's our home away from home!

• Stayed May 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

My family and I have stayed at the resort twice this summer. We stayed in June and the beach service was wonderful. We enjoyed spending time relaxing on the beach all day and the service was amazing. The staff were so helpful, especially the manager of the beach. I cant say the same after our most recent trip. We checked in late Tuesday and hit the beach first thing Wednesday. The manager was no longer an employee and let me tell you the service was terrible. You could tell no one cared that we were spending good $ on our short vacation. They were rude, and to be honest quite lazy compared to the service we received in June. We waited for over 10 minutes to get chairs on the beach, were treated like an inconvenience more than anything. I asked to speak to the manager and the attendant told me they recently let their manager go and the "director" would be able to answer Amy questions/ comments. Well the director was no where to be found and never returned my phone call. Bottom line, when you spend a lot of money to stay at a resort that dotes on the fact they're a "resort" you expect that experience. I would of had better service and hospitality staying at a motel 8.

• Stayed September 2012
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This was my 2nd stay at this resort...the 1st time back 2007. The property just gets better, over time. They added a variety of extra activities, that enhanced our stay. Many, many kid things to do. If you can, do the Adventure package... even if your kids are too old or uninterested in the infalatables in the bay, they'll love access to the surfboards, wake boards, bikes, etc. A nominal fee to pay. The Beach setups daily...is amazing! Rent crazy golf carts while there... Adds to the fun. Be sure and walk down the bay side, and toward the "protected wildlife area" as far as you can. Its gets beautiful, and private with a number of little water pooled areas... its about a 20-30 min walk, via the water line of the bay. Parasailing is cheaper at the Boardwalk, vs on property and just as good. These condo's are absolutely beautiful, and if you stay in tower 3...you'll have unobstructed view of the east beach of Pensacola Beach and the ocean. You'll actually feel like you're in an island far from land! We typically go to the market in town, and grab some steaks and cook outside on the terrace at least one night, on their electric bbq grill! Just fabulous! We will return!

Room Tip: I think ocean side, tower 3 has the absolute best view
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We had an awesome time, we had a group of about 40 people staying in multiple rooms at Portofino. We had a blast. Everyone on the staff was REALLY nice & the service at the main pool was AWESOME!
The only problem we had was the guy that lives in tower #2 Unit 1204....He basically stalked us in the elevator/hallway. He scrame at us like we were children, for laughing in the hallway at 11:00am. We were far from being loud, but as I am sure he knows, IT DOES ECHO, DUH! When we apologized to him, he continued to lecture us & as he walked off & I again said I was sorry...He said, "Yeah, I know you are Sorry!" Then the next day, he copied a list of the rules & taped it on our door. We called the front desk to see if they had put the note & they knew nothing about it. They said that laughing or talking in the hallway at that time is NOT a problem. Unfortunately we ran into the guy again a couple of days later & once we got back to our room we received a call from him, SCREAMING at one of our guest & she told him to hold on where he could speak to My husband or myself & he hung up before we could get to the phone. We reported it to the front desk again & I am not sure where it went from there. We were leaving the next morning, so who knows. I see someone else had a run in with him at the same time we were staying there....Hmmmmm, guess they can't control this guy. We were there 7/28-8/4/12.
WE will go back, but REFUSE to stay on the 12th floor of tower 2. Had the guy not been in the hallway, he would have NEVER heard us laughing or talking. And I was told he leaves his door open & screams at everyone. He is VERY RUDE & obviously needs to get medication or seek help for his anger issues.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Portofino Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!