After reading many of the reviews I felt comfortable booking this hotel but don't make the same mistake I did.
When I pulled in the hotel the parking lot and went to park the parking space had a huge hole in the space that would have ruined the front on my car had I not seen it in time. It only gets worse...
I went into the lobby which was a huge construction site. Totally gutted with holes in the floor wires coming out - none of which was marked. I pointed it out to one of the employees who just shrugged his shoulder. The lobby was covered with dust and dirt. You were pointed to go back out the front door into a side door and there you found a small window with a long line. I stood in line to find out that I had wrongly been booked in a room on the bay side not gulf side. I was told I could be upgraded but it would cost me another 50 bucks a night. So I decided to go take a look at the room and see if it was something I could live with.
On my way to the room I only was further disappointed by the construction mess. The hall to my room was littered with all kinds of construction debree. The mess is unbelievable - don't be fooled it is not a little mess. It's a disaster!
The room was very small and cramped and the construction noise unbelievable. I had no intention of spending my vacation in this room. I called the front desk and they said the same thing - they would upgrade me for a higher rate - otherwise they would not move me. I was basically stuck - or held ransome for another location. They wouldn't even move me floors even though they admitted there were other options.
So thinking the Hilton Customer Service Line would be helpful I called them. I actually got a very friendly lady who said she would place a call to the manager and get this straightened out. After being on hold 20 minutes she came back and said the manager wouldn't change his mind and since Hilton Hotels were independantly owned there wasn't anything she could do. I told her the Hilton name was on the hotel so I would suspect there was something they could do! I asked to speak to her supervisor for help and she advised me that it was after 5 and the supervisor was gone. She said they would call me the next am and I have never heard from them.
The hotel pool area is a total disaster. The hot tub doesn't work. They are building a tall addition to the hotel which is basically a high rise shell attached to the north with crains and all the construction noise you can imagine. The staff was very unfriendly and the manager a total jerk. Basically he had no interest in my concerns and I was surprised that the Hilton Customer Service was useless.
I checked out moved down to the Springhill Suites. The staff was friendly, the hotel in excellant shape and the rooms great. The 3 pools were so nice and enjoyable. There's a pool bar with more friendly staff. Breakfast was hot and plentiful. Coffee always fresh throughout the evening. The beach is nice and far enough from the noise at the Hilton.
Save yourself the trouble stay at the Springhill Suites and take a walk down the beach and pass by the Hilton... You will be thrilled you didn't stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located beachfront in the center of everything on Pensacola Beach, Florida. Enjoy captivating views of the emerald waters of the Gulf of Mexico and 52 miles of snow white sand beaches. Our hotel is within walking distance from restaurants, vibrant nightlife and recreational activities such as charter fishing, paddle boarding, sailing, kayaking, biking, and miniature golf. (100% Non-Smoking Hilton Hotel) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Pensacola Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front Hotel Pensacola Beach
- Pensacola Hilton
- Hilton Garden Inn Beach Pensacola