Stayed there two nights for business. Had room 701, which is at the end of the hall on the top floor of tower #1. First, the room was clean and standard for a Hilton (1 king bed, a chair, a small desk, flat screen TV, small Refrigerator, small coffee pot, etc.). The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was okay (recently painted with paint on the light fixtures).
However, there were also a couple of issues. First when the desire temperature was reached, the heater stopped heating, but the fan continued to blow (even though the fan switch was set to auto), and approximately one minute after the heater turned off, the unit began blowing cold air (in January). Within 10 minutes, the room would go from 75 degrees to 69 degrees. The only solution was to manually turn the heater on and then turn it off once the room warmed up. I had to repeat this every 30 to 40 minutes as the room cooled down to 67 to 69 degrees. Second, both the hard cable internet and Wi-Fi required a code to log in.The front desk provided five different codes, before the system would accept one (hard cable connection). Then, a different code was required for each Wi-Fi device (e.g., iPad and iPhone required different codes, and once the code was accepted, you could not re-use the same code on a different device). Nine codes later, I finally had the three devices connected. No, I did not mention either of these problems to management because I was out from early morning until after dinner both evenings working.
I have stayed next door at the Hampton Inn on many occasions and have never had any issues. And the Hampton Inn is about $10.00 per night cheaper and offers free hot breakfast. I will not return to the Hilton, I will go back to the Hampton Inn next door.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located beachfront in the center of everything on Pensacola Beach, Florida. Enjoy captivating views of the emerald waters of the Gulf of Mexico and 52 miles of snow white sand beaches. Our hotel is within walking distance from restaurants, vibrant nightlife and recreational activities such as charter fishing, paddle boarding, sailing, kayaking, biking, and miniature golf. (100% Non-Smoking Hilton Hotel) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front Hotel Pensacola Beach
- Pensacola Hilton
- Hilton Garden Inn Beach Pensacola