“Great for business” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Great for business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was there on business for 14 days. The event manager was extremely helpful and friendly as were all the staff we dealt with. The rooms were clean and recently renovated and comfortable. The restaurant was very good, great breakfast and sushi bar for the evening. Overall a really good stress free business trip helped by the professional staff of the hotel . Too cold for the beach and pool but it looked good.
Thanks

Room Tip: Ask for a beach view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

878 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The location is great and our room on the 6th floor had awesome views. However the room odor was awful. We immediatedly contacted housekeeping about this. They sent someone up who sprayed the room and carpets with air freshner. This resulted in a wet carpet not pleasant for barefeet. We went out for dinner and when we returned a couple of hours later the smell was still there. We were only staying one night and so left it at that. I wrote their customer service about our experience but have not received a response!!!
For us, the most important thing we look for in a hotel is a clean and fresh room. The Hilton failed in this.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you so much for writing and and letting us know about your experiences. I would greatly appreciate to know more information on stay (i.e. room number and dates) so I may investigate this further with our staff. I can be reached by email below.

gina.dudley@hitlon.com
North Vancouver, B.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The beach was gorgeous even at this time of the year. We saw dolphins & rays swim by. Although a bit breezy & cool, our walks on the beach were always restorative.
The facilities are 1st class & very well maintained. H2O surpassed our expectations. Great food every time we dined there. Service was good & staff friendly.
Warm summer weather would make for an unsurpassed stay. Love to come back anytime.

• Stayed December 2012
Lake Mary, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

TV signal and remote are poor. TV system is geared to pay-per-view and viewing "regular" TV channels is made very difficult. They charge $9.95 for Internet access! Beware of 72-hour cancellation -- it's not made clear when you book on Internet. Restaurant and Lounge are cold and uninviting. Salad had a fishy taste. I felt this was a "gotcha" experience -- not at all what I'd expect as a Hilton Honors member. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Service is good.

Room Tip: Be sure when you book or be prepared to forfeit cost of room. 7th floor with Gulf view is great.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for writing about your stay with us recently. I apologize we did not exceed your expectations, especially with the food and internet on your visit. Please feel free to make contact with me directly, so we may discuss further your concerns.

Aloha

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Great rooms and location. As a Diamond member we were upgraded to a suite like room with two queens and a bunk bed. Very roomy and comfortable room with great views of the Gulf. Hotel is newly renovated- it has a Summer look so it might feel a little 'cold' in winter. Even though the room has a kitchen there are no bowls plates etc..... which was a little weird. Hilton (and all Hilton Family hotels "Hampton, Homewood Suites etc....) Need to get softer pillows. The foam pillows are ok but the feather pillows are hard and very uncomfortable- They should look at the Marriott and Hyatt product to see what I mean. The staff at the H20 restaurant really needs help- slow and unprofessional- We were there in winter so I would dread to know what it is like in summer when the whole place is crowded. I would recommend this property for the rooms and pools etc..... but don't expect much in way of service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
I read over your survey and comments and looks like you a great stay for the most part. I certainly appreciate the feedback on the accomodations and the restaurant review. I apologize about the service you received. I am traveling right now, however I would welcome some additional feedback on my return next week, if you would like to contact me. Look forward to your next visit.

Tomball, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is a very good hotel to stay and it would have been prefect if the restaurant staff had proper trainings. I just stayed here two nights 12/27/2012 and 12/28/2012 with my wife and three children on our way home after a Disney vacation. The hotel is nice looking and the double queen bedroom with private balcony is spacious and clean. The staff was polite and the first day was uneventful. On the last morning, 12/29/2012, we came down to H2O for breakfast. The hostess received us with a demeaning look then sat us behind the wall at the back of the restaurant. I felt that she seemed to be ashamed of our presence there but I didn't mention it to anyone. Half way into our breakfast my wife told me that she didn't like the hostess hiden us in here. That confirms what I thought about the hostess having issues with us being Asians. My wife is a physician and I am an engineer. We did not feel inferior to anyone in the hotel, guests or staffs. Why would she?
Although it takes one rotten apple to spoil the whole barrel I am still optimistic that was one individual incident. I hope management can read this and provide the hostess a proper training to prevent this from happening again.

Room Tip: Private balcony rooms are not facing the ocean.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GinaDudley, General Manager at Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear David H:

Thank you for submitting in your survey and your comments on your recent visit with us. I read over your survey and was glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us for the most part. I apologize that our hostess made you feel uncomforable and unwelcomed with her actions. Please feel free to make contact with me for further discussions, and know I have addressed this with our Food and Beverage team. Look forward to see you and your family again.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Had a lovely top floor balcony overlooking the gulf---spacious, spotless room, very comfy bed, great room service options all day, a fun bar downstairs, a big breakfast buffet (or cooked-to-order), a hot tub, two huge outdoor pools and a nice smaller indoor pool, a very nice and well maintained fitness center, and really, just about anything you could ask for. But for me, the best part was the excellent, kind, professional staff. From the check-in clerk who was genuinely friendly and welcoming (and efficient), to the extremely nice bellman who brought a huge cart full of my miscellaneous stuff up without a worry, to the lovely housekeeping ladies who took extra care to get the room just right, to the endless room service helpers who brought everything up faster than anticipated---they were all super, all week long. Now, this was Christmas week, and you just know it couldn't have been fun for them to be working on Christmas, but they never acted that way at all; indeed, they were universally pleasant, helpful, professional. I was really impressed with the great young people running this hotel. (The sauna was broken, but that is not their fault---you should ask, though, if it is important to you.)

Room Tip: gulf front: definitely worth it
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front? Share your experiences!