Our experience started poorly with unfriendly front desk staff. I know it was busy, but she did not smile once and she did not tell me anything about the amenities offered at the hotel. She did not greet me as a Hilton Honors member, and though we booked the bed and breakfast package, she mentioned nothing about breakfast or how to receive the coupons for breakfast that were part of our paid package. When we returned to the front desk after unloading our bags and asked about the breakfast coupons, she could not locate any and said that they would be sent to our room. Though we had called twice ahead of time to request a crib in the room and asked for one at check-in, we still had no crib after an hour. When the breakfast coupons were finally sent up to the room, we received only one set of coupons instead of the two sets required for our two nights of stay.
Our room was small and despite running the AC all the time, we could not decrease the humidity enough to dry any of our clothing. On the first night there was an MMA tournament being held in the parking lot (which our room faced) with loud blaring music and announcer/microphone booming voice until well after midnight, which was unpleasant for our 18 month old who was trying to sleep. The front desk staff actually laughed at me (because they were sold out) when I inquired about the availability of an upgrade so I could not have another sleepless night facing the parking lot. Thankfully the MMA tournament was only one night. We had been looking forward to him playing in the fountains in the children's pool, but for some reasont eh fountains were turned off for the duration of our stay except for the first evening. There was no binder/hotel guide/in-room dining menu in our room, and when we went to the front desk to ask for one, they said that there were none to be found. When I asked how I could order in-room dining without a menu, the staff (same discourteous person who checked us in) said that the menu was near identical to the restaurant menu and told me to "go get one of those." The evening menu for the restaurant is mostly seafood/steaks, which was disappointing since we wanted burgers/pizza. Imagine my surprise when I actually called room service and was told that both items and "many more" were avaiable on the room service menu.
On the upside, the restaurant did have a wonderful breakfast buffet and courteous restaurant staff. The location is great with a beautiful beach. Overall, this was our worst experience at any Hilton, which is sad because of the number of Hiltons we have stayed in all over the globe.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front Hotel Pensacola Beach
- Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front Hotel
- Hilton Hotel Pensacola
- Hilton Pensacola
- Pensacola Hilton
- Hilton Garden Inn Beach Pensacola
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located beachfront in the center of everything on Pensacola Beach, Florida. Enjoy captivating views of the emerald waters of the Gulf of Mexico and 52 miles of snow white sand beaches. Our hotel is within walking distance from restaurants, vibrant nightlife and recreational activities such as charter fishing, paddle boarding, sailing, kayaking, biking, and miniature golf. (100% Non-Smoking Hilton Hotel) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.