“Nice location/great pools/beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Pensacola Beach

You added SpringHill Suites Pensacola Beach to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Pensacola Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   24 Via de Luna, Pensacola Beach, Pensacola Beach, FL 32561   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
“Nice location/great pools/beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

People at the front desk were extremely nice and professional. Room was clean and I slept great. Like a lot of hotels, you can definitely hear people in the hallways but it only lasted for a minute. It was almost all families with children. However, all guests seemed courteous and kids in the pool were generally well behaved. The pools are really nice and never felt crowded. The beach was amazing while there -- crystal clear water. Would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Katie R, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you for leaving a comment about the SpringHill Suites on Pensacola Beach. I am happy the front desk met your expectations and will let them know about the positive comment. Also I am glad the weather and water were enjoyable during your stay. Please let us know if you need help booking your future reservation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I must commend Derrick at the front desk. He is a very professional and nice young man. Very pleasant to the customers in person and on the phone!!!

It is nice to be able to have a view of the swimming pools and gulf in one view.

Laurie at the tiki bar was very pleasant and the food we had was very good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking a minute to leave a comment about out hotel. I am glad to hear that Derrick and Laurie provided you with great customer service. I will pass along the nice comments to both of the employees. Thank you again and please let me know if you need anything else in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed at this hotel in mid-June 2014, during the Father's Day weekend. As expected, the hotel was pretty busy. We were able to get a room with a nice gulf beach view across the swimming pool. (We paid a hefty premium for the stay probably due to the particular weekend).

We were expecting a typical Marriott property room with nice rooms and beds. Our bed in room 428, however, was a big disappointment. The mattress appeared to be fairly old and had developed what we called "holes" on each side--deep sagging that made you feel as if you were in a hammock.

We reported it to the front desk but were told that they didn't have similar rooms available. We would have had to move to a different category of room with a side view or on the first floor. They didn't seem too eager to solve the problem such as exchanging the mattress in our room and no clear explanation was given as to why that couldn't be done.

Will not stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Check the mattress in your room before you accept it.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about the SpringHill Suites on Pensacola Beach. I apologize for the mattress and will address the situation with our front desk staff. We use every situation as a learning experience and will make sure in the future we follow up with guest better. We are schedule for a renovation this fall that will updated all mattresses. Please let me know if I can help you in any other way.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The property was nice and the staff very friendly. I always saw someone cleaning or keeping things up. The only down side was that the room needed a renovation. Make sure to have your hotel wristband on you when at the pool. They check and they're really strict about it!

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for leaving a comment about our property and letting us know how we are doing. Our goal is to give each guest the best possible customer service and I am glad you received that at our property. We are scheduled for a renovation this fall to update all the hotel rooms. Please let me know if I can be of any other assistance in the future.
Hartsville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My stayed at SpringHill Suites last week and had a wonderful experience. We are use to a condo and wasn't sure how we would like having a room with only a sitting area, mini fridge and microwave. We actually loved it! We had free breakfast that was very good, clean towels and our beds were made everyday. The three pools were great and never crowded. We rented chairs at the beach for the week, and was surprisingly shocked the beaches were not crowded. Thank you for making our vacation week awesome!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on the SpringHill Suites on Pensacola Beach. We are happy you enjoyed our amenities and the pool areas. Please let us know if you are in the area again and we will be glad to help you make a reservation.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I was looking for a mid range price Hotel on the beach and settled on this Marriott property. It had 2 adult pools one kiddie pool and a hot tub with an open air bar out by the pool. The free breakfast came in handy since the first thing I wanted to do was hit the beach early in the morning before the noon day sun was out. Breakfast was the usual fare nothing noteworthy. I have to say that my first impression upon entering the lobby was one that it could use more attention to cleaning. the walk way into the hotel needed to be swept up and cleaned and that did not happen for the four nights I was there. The second night of our stay the fire alarm went off at 4:00am and gave everyone a panic attack! The manager was apologetic but that did not make up for being completely jolted out of bed.
The beach was gorgeous as were all the beaches in Pensacola. The drawback was the trek from the pool area to the water was tough due to walking in sand and did not have a boardwalk like the property next door. The umbrellas on the beach were for rent and most people made prior reservations the day before so you had to find the person renting them out so you aren't taking someone else's reserved spot.$35.00 for an all day rental of 2 chairs and an umbrella.
We rented the 2 man kayak for $20.00 an hour and paddled out to where the dolphins were feeding.Parking was free , the room décor was very outdated but was clean. The bed was very comfortable and housekeeping was spotty. We settled for clean towels and trash removal on two of the four days there because they didn't want to come in while we were in the room. Front desk was very helpful and provided everything we asked for, such as an extension cord for cell phones. Their wasn't enough furniture for luggage so the children had to store theirs on the floor.The room had a ceiling fan we could not use because it was out of balance and made a loud noise, but would have been welcomed to keep the room cooler. Having a refrigerator and microwave came in very handy for the leftovers we seemed to collect. The front desk gave out pool /beach towels readily and we didn't have to sign for them. Overall I would recommend this for a family stay but not if you are looking for a romantic get away.

Room Tip: Our room came with the Island view and was on the side of the building, but our balcony was situated...
Green Features: Noticed recycle trash bins. The beach could have been better kept. There were plastic bottles, drinking straws, plastic bags strewn in the sand. I felt compelled to pick up because I am a save the Earth advocate! I just wish others were!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Katie R, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let me know how we are doing. I apologize that your first impression was less than great, and will definitely address the lobby area with the proper staff. I understand what an inconvenience the fire alarm going off in the middle of the night is and very sorry that it happen. I am happy that the front desk was helpful and assisted you in what you needed. We are scheduled for a renovation this fall that will fix the rooms being outdated as you indicated. Please let me know if you need anything else, or would to discuss your reservation further.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

This is our second time in three years to stay at this property. We are Marriott reward members and Vacation Club Owners. This is the only beachfront Marriott property from Pensacola to Panama City. We find it a great value to be able to use Reward points for a beach vacation. Yes, the hotel is small. No, it's not a luxury resort (and doesn't advertise as such) but does have clean comfortable rooms, nice pools, and great beach access. Love being able to catch the trolley for dinners. The main thing I noticed is that management should put a stop to people taking excessive amounts of food to their rooms from the breakfast area. I saw several larger groups eating breakfast then taking 6 or 8 extra muffins, yogurt, and fruits to their room!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the SpringHill Suites on Pensacola Beach for a second time and taking the time to leave a comment. We are glad you enjoyed our property and the beaches at Pensacola. We try our best to monitor the breakfast and will make sure we are taking proper action. Please feel free to contact me if you need anything in the future.

Been to SpringHill Suites Pensacola Beach? Share your experiences!