“DeLuna Fest Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 hotels in Pensacola Beach
Pensacola
“DeLuna Fest Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Stayed here for DeLuna Music Festival on Pensacola Beach. This was a great place because of the beautiful rooms with a great view and the location. The hotel is walking distance to the public beach and restaurants, but why would you ever want to leave. The hotel has a great restaurants and lounges on property with a great staff. This place is great for couples or families looking to relax around the pool or on the beach.

Room Tip: Get a Gulf Front Room!!! pay a little extra and its worth it
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

509 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Wilmette, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

I had been staying at another hotel on the beach and had heard wonderful things about the new Margaritaville from people I met on the beach and around the pool. I had another week of vacation left and decided to call and see if the Margaritaville had anything available. The woman who answered the phone could not have been nicer and told me there was a beautiful gulf front room with a king sized bed available.....it sounded perfect. I quickly packed, called a taxi and 5 minutes later I was at the Margaritaville.

I was immediately greeted by a bell hop who took me to the front desk for check-in while he took care of my luggage. I was taken aback by how beautiful the lobby area was and looking out through the wall of windows I noticed that the colors used for the decor inside matched the colors of the gulf. The hotel looked so comfortable and serene and I felt like I had walked into someone's beautiful home. There were several big over stuffed chairs and couches to sink into and it definitely felt more like someone's living room than a hotel lobby. Along the wall of windows was a veranda facing the gulf with more comfortable chairs and couches and even some secluded areas to relax in. The lobby area flowed into a very welcoming restaurant with a beautiful bar. It had plenty of outdoor seating as well overlooking the gulf. Just beyond the restaurant was the pool where you could also get great food and drinks, including chair side service!

I was very impressed with how fresh and clean the hotel was and I hadn't even been to my room yet.
I was not surprised that it was just as beautiful as the first floor. It also had the same soothing colors of the gulf and it was impeccably clean. I have never slept in a more comfortable bed......fresh white linens and a fluffy white down comforter and pillows on a bed I had to climb up to get into it......it made for a better view of the gulf first thing in the morning. There was a private balcony with a table and chairs looking right out at the beach. Sitting on the balcony at night and listening to the waves and looking up at the moon and stars was the perfect way to end the day.

The bathroom had an extra large shower and it was fully stocked with the best soap, shampoo, lotion, etc. It was also spotless. The room had a coffeemaker and small refrigerator and a great HD television with cable. I was in heaven. Did I mention how I loved the room service option? And the great food and quick delivery?

The Margaritaville is in a great location. It is far enough down the beach that it doesn't feel crowded but within walking distance to several restaurants and shops.

All these things are very nice but what made my stay so wonderful were the people who worked there. Every person I met was so nice and offered to help in any way they could. I got the feeling that they were all happy to be working there and they seemed more like the "Margaritaville Family" than the "staff".

The only thing I didn't like was that I couldn't stay longer and had to get back home. But I will definitely be back again.......I left feeling like I had found a little piece of heaven.

Room Tip: The rooms with a gulf view are fantastic and the corner suites give you a view of both the gulf and...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

We stayed 10-13 to 10-18, 2011. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are outstanding, the gulf view is phenomenal and the beach is their biggest asset. Their biggest liability is the Frank & Lola's Restaurant and the desk staff.

If you're looking for a 4-star stay and feel, you'll be disappointed.

It's perfect if you're looking for a beautiful place to chill on the beach and not expect much from hotel staff. Be sure to either bring your own food or plan on eating at places outside the hotel for the most part. Also be sure to stay 'in season' if you want to eat at the Landshark.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Destin, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

We only stayed one night at Margaritaville during the Deluna Fest music festival. Our experience was great -- the hotel was beautiful and the views were stunning.

The hotel room was large with a private balcony overlooking the Gulf. The bathroom was big, the walk-in shower was really big and the room decor and fixtures were modern and nice.

The WIFI was complimentary, which was a welcome change to many hotels I've stayed at. The hotel lobby was great and comfortable, along with the bar. I didn't eat anything, but the drinks were reasonably priced and good.

The pool area was awesome, with plenty of chairs/umbrellas, space, live music and a bar with bar servers who would come to your chair. Sort of felt like you were on a cruise ship, but without the crowds.

Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our 1-night stay. The hotel has an upscale feel but with a relaxed, "beachyness" to it. I would definitely recommend to friends and if I stay in Pensacola Beach again, it will be here.

Room Tip: Choose a Gulf view room, the view is spectacular.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Stafford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011 via mobile

After two weeks of touring "the South", this was the last call before flying back to the UK. What we needed was a couple of days to flop. The hotel is fantastic but welcome was poor. The guy that checked us in was unwelcoming and the bar tender in the main bar got stroppy when I asked for our drinks to be served in glasses. Other staff were fine. The most natural and welcoming staff were the house keeping staff who were all very pleasant. That said the location was great, right on the beach and walking distance to bars and restaurants with personality.

• Stayed October 2011
Spring, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

This hotel strikes me as one that is following the Lexus ad of “Pursuit of Perfection” and they actually are pretty close. I will point out the couple of minor areas they may want to address. First the hotel is fresh and very new looking. The room we had was more like a mini apartment (minus kitchen) than a hotel room with a huge sitting area, large private balcony with an ocean front and bay view. Huge solid wood king size bed with a mattress so thick you actually had to climb into bed. We got a very good rate by contacting the hotel directly, but bear in mind this was 3 weeks past labor day. While some past reports have complained that this is not a 5 star hotel or the full price is not justified I would say if you’re comparing it to the
Ritz in Monte Carlo or a grand Paris hotel you may be right, but for a hotel in Pensacola Beach Florida I think 4- 5 stars is an accurate description.

The hotel has a laid back upscale island theme that is highlighted by the daily coupons placed in your room for free beer at any of the hotels bars. A couple of reviews have complained about having to walk down some stairs to get to the beach or not smoking on the property. True the hotel is totally non smoking but you are free to smoke outdoors as you will see some of the staff doing. The entry to the hotel is one floor up from ground level so if you want to go the beach from the lobby you have to walk down 2 flights of stairs then up a flight of stairs to the walkway over to the beach. If this is too much for those non exercising Americans then you can take the elevator down to parking level 2 which opens up at the beach walkway where you have to walk up a total of 5 steps. If walking up 5 steps gives you a problem then you need to walk up 5 steps.
Two of the issues I had with the beach walkway was the final step from the walkway to the beach which is way too high and it is almost a small jump down to the sand. This looks like an accident in the making or at least a twisted ankle...the other is I did not see any handicapped access to the beach. My only other issues with the hotel was there was not a dresser in the room so after a 4 plus day stay you start running out of places to place your clothes...a minor issue... but the high step the hotel really needs to correct. All in all our stay was relaxing fun, clean and before I forget the largest bathroom shower I have ever seen. Good daily housekeeping and the pool has a modern flare to it with plenty of beach chairs and towels. Jimmy has a great hotel.....they only need to fix that high step leading to the beach.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room with a beach and bay view together.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Detroit
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011 via mobile

Dear Jimmy Buffet,
When you charge $200+ per night, the least you could do is heat the pool!!!
This is absolutely inexcusable, people stay here for one reason... Beach and pool lounging. The pool is ice cold! I had one day to enjoy myself but the beach was infested with jellyfish, and the pool was literally ice cold. Ruined my stay. I will never ever stay here again. The one thing I was looking forward to, you failed miserably at. The manager should be fired instantly for this type of oversight.
Maybe you should take a break from your margaritas and actually run the hotel properly. What a joke!

• Stayed September 2011

Been to Margaritaville Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!