“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We have been going to the Hampton Inn Pensacola beach since it re-opened; Have found the stays wonderful - we go twice a year in one of the beach balcony rooms - always perfect. The rooms, service, value and location are repeatedly outstanding.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonPenBeach, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
The is so wonderful to hear. We appreciate guests like you that are so loyal to our Hotel and enjoy staying with us when they are in the area. We are so glad that we make your stays with us so enjoyable that you keep coming back to us when you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
lolabunywabit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have stayed in 5 star, so I am not basing my opinion in comparison, as that is not fair to do. For the range this hotel was in, I felt it did a great job.

LOCATION - Located directly on the beach next to the Hilton and Holiday Inn Express. It’s across from Flounders Chowder and a couple of beach stores. It’s near the pier, which is $1.25 for a walk on. It’s also next to the public beach access parking lot. (this was not an issue) There is a giant Ferris wheel across the street. Downside…the hotel and the putt-putt golf place are in the same parking lot. I was in room 209 so I believe if you are in rooms 200-228 and you are not ocean view, you will have a CONSTANT football stadium type light shining in your room and the rooms DO NOT have sheers, only the blackout curtain. (this would be 300-328 & 400+428 also)

CHECK IN was simple and easy. Wi-Fi was no charge and breakfast is complimentary.

BREAKFAST consisted of premade omelets, sausage, cereal choices, and fresh fruits, pour your own waffles, hashbrowns, muffins, yogurt, bagels and English muffins. Coffee is available and free all day in the lobby.

ROOMS have microwaves and fridges, were spacious and clean. The bathroom was very well stocked with towels and was fresh. They change the duvet covers for each new guest!! Great thing!! The bed was comfortable, I got great sleep. I did not have any issue feeling like anything was dirty or nasty.

My biggest room COMPLAINT is that the window really needs a sheer curtain. When getting dressed I had to close the curtain which is the blackout curtain. This makes it dark. I then have to turn on all the lights to provide enough brightness to get dressed. Once done, I can then open the curtains back. This is really important for rooms facing the parking lots. Maybe people can’t see in, but still…privacy is better guaranteed.

POOLS - There are 2 medium sized pools with a Tiki bar that serves frozen drinks. The outside deck is nice to sit on. The lobby and restrooms are kept clean and fresh.

The BEACH is nice clean and there are plenty of umbrellas to RENT. However, I suggest you bring your own umbrella and chair. The prices for rentals were upwards of $30 a day.

FOOD - I ate at Flounders, but I would not eat there again. It was not nasty, but it was a bunch of seafood thrown in grease and put on one plate. I am picky about where I eat and stay, so Flounder did not do it for me. It wasn’t bad, but it was a step above Captain D’s. I did like the Flounder Chowder. A local suggested the Grand Marlin, I should have listened.

Overall, I liked the Hampton Inn, the staff was friendly, the hotel was clean, and the location was okay. For the cost and what you get it’s a great deal (Breakfast, Wi-Fi, clean fresh covers, free beach bag if you “like” on FB)

CONS, needs another curtain besides just the blackout curtain, and the bright light from the golf course in the parking lot. Ask for a room on the opposite side of the golf place, if you are doing city view. I did not have a noise issue from the golf, but in busier times, there probably would be a noise factor.

Yes I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is not on the same side as the putt-putt golf course, this emits a bright light i...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so happy to hear that you had a wonderful time with us. From reading your review it sounds like you had a wonderful time on Pensacola Beach. We hope the next time you are in the area you chose to stay with us again and hope when your friends and family ask about where to stay when they come to Pensacola. You remember how great of a time you had with us and recommend them to us. We hope to see you again in the future.
charlotte, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Had a wonderfull time, loved the location, room very nice, enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, wished you had a hot tub! If ever in Pensacola would stay with you. Only suggestion have written information about places to visit, none available at desk. Thanks for a lovely time.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are so glad that you were able to enjoy all that we have to offer here at the Hampton Inn. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We loved this spot right on the beach , great location , next to everything you need
The rooms were clean, the Beds were comfortable and the staff was friendly and accommodating .
We will stay here again.

Room Tip: We had ocean front with balcony and lobed it!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Hampton Inn and had the chance to explore Pensacola Beach! We hope that when your next vacation comes time you chose to stay with us again.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

very friendly staff me and my family had a great stay the front desk manager Trent made our stay wonderful room was very clean Great location on the beach and walking distance to the boardwalk and shops.we love the place

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HamptonPenBeach, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Happy to hear that Trent was able to help you with all your need and make your stay with us enjoyable! We hope to see you again in the future!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is a family friendly hotel. The rooms are oversized, clean, and comfortable. It has a nice deck and great tikki bar. Really enjoyed our stay, everything is within walking distance which is great for families with teens. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that when it is time for your next vacation your chose to come back and see us again!
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel was booked for me for a business trip - it definitely seems to cater more to the spring break/family set, and not so much to the business traveler. While the customer service was great, the room wasn't exceptionally clean. I realize that it's right on the beach (which is great if you have time to enjoy it), but the carpet in the room was damp/squishy the entire time. I had a fourth-floor room with a patio that opened to the beach and although there's a sign on the door that says to keep it closed to reduce humidity, even doing that seemed to do little to keep the moisture levels in the room down. The only thing that seemed to help was to keep the air conditioning on high, so the room was freezing. Also, there was hair in the bathtub/shower from the previous guest. However, the bed was comfortable and clean.

I did want to have a drink on my little patio and relax after a long travel day - since I'm from the desert, the ocean is a lovely thing to behold - but as soon as I opened the door, I was hit with the strong smell of urine, as though someone had not wanted to waste time going back inside the room to relieve him/herself during their stay. It was pretty gross and needless to say, my hopes of watching the sunset while listening to/watching the ocean were dashed. The view was pretty; the smell was not.

I also ordered room service from their associated restaurant (I believe this restaurant is attached to the Hilton next door). I spent a LOT for a meal that arrived cold in a plastic container and didn't have much flavor, although they did use real crab which was great. Granted, I know that a Hampton Inn should absolutely not be expected to deliver food with crystal goblets and fine china and there are a number of restaurants in the area, but... considering how much I spent for that meal compared to what I've gotten for the same price at other Hilton properties, I was disappointed and didn't even finish it.

I will say that the customer service here was great and it was nice to have breakfast options in the lobby in the morning, along with coffee and tea available all day/night. Easy, friendly check-in/out, and when the cab service messed up and "forgot" to pick a group of us up to head to the airport, one of the front desk agents did everything she could to get another cab for us quickly. They also did a good job of accommodating us during our two-day meeting, keeping the conference room stocked with snacks and coffee/water/soft drinks, delivering lunches promptly and the A/V worked well.

If you're looking for a hotel that's reasonably priced near the beach (but NOT the airport), close to many family-style restaurants and shopping that is geared mostly toward tee shirts, hats, keychains and plastic rafts, this hotel will do the job. Other than my group of business travelers, the lobby was filled with families with small children and what appeared to be teenagers/college students. I'm rating it as "average" rather than "poor" because I think for vacationers, this hotel would be an OK option and the customer service was good. Personally, though, it would not be my first choice in this area, even if I was on vacation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We are so sorry that you had a negative experience in our hotel. Your experience during your stay sincerely matters to us. We would love to have the opportunity to address your concerns and ensure that you have a fun time with us. Please email me Sandra Fontenot General Manager directly. Sandra@innisfree.com OR PHONE ME at 850-932-6800 Ext 500. We appreciate you letting us know. Candid comments always help us do our job better.

Been to Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach? Share your experiences!