“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Spring Hill, Florida
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

One could not ask for a better location for a stay in Pensacola Beach.
This will be an even nicer hotel once the renovations are done. They are working on the lobby currently and hopefully will be moving on to the rooms soon
The staff was great.
Good food nearby.
Excellent pool and beach

Room Tip: Get a second floor or higher room on the Gulf side
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HamptonPenBeach, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
We are so happy to hear what a great time you have had with us. Our lobby remodel will be done in January and it really is going to add to our property. We hope you make your way back to us soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Little Rock, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Altho the lobby speaks of Chic Hotel, this hotel lacks management of housekeeping. Each day when we arrived in our room the only way we knew housekeeping had been there was there was fresh towels and the bed had somewhat been made. I say somewhat because my eyeglasses were found made up in the bed. Iron boards were left up, mouthwash and toothpaste still lingered in the sink and room was left un-keeped. I chose this over Hilton next door because someone said in this forum, the Hilton beds were uncomfortable. When I spoke with the clerk regarding this I was told housekeeping does not touch personal items, thus justifying the vanity not being cleaned. But the ironing board was not my personal item. Hampton is off my list forever.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you want housekeeping.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonPenBeach, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. The inconsistencies in our housekeeping services have been addressed and we appreciate you bringing this to us. We would hate for you to leave disappointed. Please direct message us your contact information so we can speak with you directly. We would really love to have you back so we can show you what our Hamptonality is all about.
The Woodlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I've stayed at many Hampton Inn hotels over the past 20 years. At one time their guarantee of satisfaction or you don't pay was real. In Arkansas when the check out person asked how my stay was I told her that it was fine except for being awakened at 6 am by the maids talking outside our door. She immediate said "then there is no charge and I'm very sorry that happened. We'll speak to the staff and make sure that doesn't happen again." I told her it was no big deal, but she insisted that the policy was that the guest had to be satisfied or they don't pay. Well, that is no longer true, at least at the Hampton Inn at Pensacola Beach in Florida. I was surprised and disappointed that this Hampton Inn was not all non-smoking. But, I was told, only the rooms not facing the ocean were smoking rooms. We went to our room on the 4th floor and we literally ran to our room because the hall was so smokey. My wife is very allergic to cigarette smoke. Fortunately the room was not smokey. When I mentioned to the front desk that we were not happy about the smokey hallway he said since they allow smoking in the rooms that don't face the ocean there was nothing he could do about it. The day we left I mentioned it to the front desk clerk (not seen before) and she said "oh, only the 4th floor has any smoking allowed and that's only in the rooms not facing the ocean." I asked why we weren't told that before, that we would have asked to be moved. She said "I don't know." No apology, no offer of a refund. I have filled out the survey Hampton Inn sent and complained, but I got no response. I sent an email complaining and haven't received even so much as acknowlegment of the email.

I will never stay in a Hampton Inn again.

Room Tip: If you don't like cigarette smoke don't stay on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonPenBeach, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
I apologize for our delay in returning your call and I'm sorry that you received a pool level of service. This is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. After concentrating our Guest Resolution you have been issued a credit and we hope you give us another chance next time you are in town.
Atlanta Ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We decided to wrap-up our six day trip to Pensacola with a night at the beach. Yes it was dark more than it was light outside, and it was chilly and windy, so this wasn't a typical beach trip. We got an upper floor room with a balcony which gave us a great view of the red-flag breaking surf on the beach below. The king bed was super comfortable for me and my wife, and one kid slept on the sofa bed while the other got a roll-away which prevented the midnight battles over who was stealing what covers. Breakfast was typical Hampton fare - nothing special, but very good for what it is. Warm coffee was available in the lobby full-time, which was a great feature after walking on the beach. They were in the middle of re-flooring the breakfast area, so it was a little awkward, but that looked like it should be finished in a few weeks and disruption was minimal.

I imagine this place could get very busy and hectic during the summer beach season, but all was calm and very quiet this time of year. It was just what we were looking for!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences here with us it sounds like a great way to wind up a family vacation. We are actually in the process of remodeling our entire lobby. We are doing the remodel in phases to ensure the smallest disturbance to our guest. The renovations will be complete in January we hope you will stop back by to see our new updated look.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I visited once before around New Years and wrote a review about the pretty negative experience I had at this hotel. Well, they got in contact with me, refunded one of the two nights' stay and gave me a voucher for a free night. This time our room was very clean, on the Gulf-side of the hotel, and they gave us a free bottle of wine. I would now recommend this place to others. Also--pro tip: ask to borrow any of their collection of beach umbrellas, beach chairs, floats, etc. as they keep a whole bunch in a store room behind the front desk and will let you borrow any of them for free!

Room Tip: Go with the Gulf-side rooms. You won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We always try to make sure all of our guest have a great time while they are here with us. We are happy to hear that happend during your time here with us. We hope to see you again very soon.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. From when we walked in the door and until the we left, the staff were very helpful and friendly. We had a large beach front room with a balcony and it was great to watch sunset and sunrise.. Room was clean and comfortable .would definitely stay there again. A great time to go is off season as you will have the beach to yourselves.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
You are so right, our balcony rooms have a great view of the sunset. We are so pleased you had a great time with us. We hope to see you again soon. The fall is a great time to come stay with us.
Demarest, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We were visiting my daughter in Tuscaloosa and decided to take a 4 hours drive for the weekend to Pensacola Beach. Great idea! Lovely property, very Hampton Inn i.e. breakfast, service, comfortable rooms, beachfront recommended. After driving for 4 hours it was nice to be able to walk to several good restaurants. We happen to be their for the UA vs. LSU game and there was a sports bar which was so much fun.

Room Tip: We stayed in 422 but any room over the first floor facing the gulf is probably great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HamptonPenBeach, General Manager at Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
We are happy to hear you came our way and it was worth the four hour drive for you. We hope to see you again soon. We have many great deals this fall so stop back by.

Been to Hampton Inn Pensacola Beach? Share your experiences!