The view from this hotel must be one of the most tranquil scenery one will ever see. Our room overlooks much greenery with a sapphire-blue river flowing below. We stayed 2 nights and enjoyed it thoroughly. The building has many levels, reminiscent of Le Sirenuse in Positano. The overall experience is superb but this resort is definitely not for those who are in a hurry.
There are 2 restaurants but we prefer ABU restaurant to the Sique restaurant for the view, the menu and the surrounding. One must at this juncture, not to put on the usual 'Relais and Chateaux' glasses because this hotel is unique and must not be compared to other R and C resorts elsewhere. My only suggestion is the lighting in ABU could be dimmed in the evenings and the use of candles may actually enhance the overall ambience.
I like the hot spring baths which was the highlight and was not crowded; the rest area adjacent to the spa for reading and a nap was a haven. We did not get around to use the spa.
The singing bowls ceremony /performance is a definite high light in early morning and in late afternoon and should not be missed. We sat by the cafe sipping tea upon arrival and experienced something far greater than any explanation. The soothing sounds and music brought everything together in harmony.
Our room was good but unfortunately did not have a balcony. We felt stifled as there was an urge to be outdoor. The second day we managed to switch to one on the top floor; not only was lay out better, our overall well- being was greatly enhanced. I believe the balcony is a ' must' for any visitors.
The service is superb: their staff would actually brought us personally to various places within the hotel when asked for directions. Our stay at Volando Urai Spring Spa was a most enjoyable one. By end of day 2 we felt totally at home and wish we could only have one extra day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Wulai, New Taipei City and bordered with Fushan, Neidong Forest Park and Lansheng Bridge,Volando Urai Spring & Resort occupies the most privileged spot in the beautiful landscape of Wulai. The elegantly decorated rooms, hot spring, aromatherapy spa and restaurant sat the resort reach such high standards that in 2013, Volando was awarded the membership of REALIS&CHATEAUX and became one of the only two holiday resorts in Taiwan which are accredited by the association. Moreover, Volando is dedicated to bringing arts and culture into the leisure industry. Using its exquisite natural surroundings as the stage, series of arts and cultural events are planned in the Hotel. The relaxing ambience, the devoted service and the unique art exhibitions and performances undoubtedly makes Volando your first choice of accommodation in Wulai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Volando Taipei Urai Spring Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volando Urai Spring Spa And Resort
- Volando Urai Spring Spa Hotel Xinbei
- Spring Park Urai Hotel
- Spring Park Urai Spa
- Volando Taipei Urai Spring Spa & Resort Taiwan/Xinbei