“Nice half day trip” 3 of 5 stars

Melbourne, Australia
8 attraction reviews
“Nice half day trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The place is located quiet far from the Taipei center, so go there only if you have time. The food street is nice and you can find there a verity of local food producers. Most of the food is hand made, sometimes made in front of you. The street is small and it will take you less then an hour to cross it. Next to the street there is a very long promenade with cafe's restaurants and shops, but that you can easily find in the city, so the food street is actually the only reason to go there.

Visited September 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
52 attraction reviews
“Nice Place for Stroll and Small Bites”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

The place is easily accessable by metro. We visited in the evening, and the place kind of reminds me of the early 80s. There are many stalls selling food which one can snack on while enjoying a slow stroll beside the seafront. We spent about 3 to 4 hours at Danshuei which was just about right.

Singapore, Singapore
6 attraction reviews
“Sunset ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I am really enjoyed visiting Tamshui. A really awesome view during sunset. There are a lot of Taiwan souvenirs and 80s things to buy. While walking along the river side, there are a lot of delicious food to munch on it. It is a great to get to know about their historic. Don't forget to their nearby nightmarket !

Visited November 2012
4 attraction reviews
“a great place to relax not so faraway fr Taipei....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I scout for a place to relax and spend my pre Christmas celebration that is closer to the metropolis of Taipei. I chose Tamshui due to its cool ambiance and far from the typical daily fast pace life in Taipei..there are variety of restaurants to dine,gifts and souvenirs stalls..I had my quite and relaxed 2 days prior to Christmas celebration away frm home but worth it the visit :)

Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
21 attraction reviews
“Pleasant experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I went there with my host , so we really had a nice experience here. I found that the market here has a lot of Taiwan souvenirs variant than any night market in Taipei. My host told me that this is only place where we can buy that really big ice cream. If i'm not mistaken there's only one stall sell it.So if you see one, just go buy it. There's plenty delicacies here, one hour is not enough for us. We were so excited buying here and there and ended up late for taking ferry at sunset.
I would definitely back if i had a chance to revisit Taiwan. And most probably taking MRT since it's faster than driving.

Visited January 2013