“Great view of river, spacious rooms, good service staff” 4 of 5 stars

Beautiful Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.8 Taiping Road, Xindian, Xinbei 231, Taiwan   |
Ranked #37 of 127 Hotels in Xinbei
Singapore
“Great view of river, spacious rooms, good service staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

For the last two nights of our cycling trip to Taiwan, we stayed at Beautiful Hotel in Xindian. The lobby has a grand view of the river. The rooms are spacious, and some even had jacuzzis.

Conveniently located near to Xindian MRT station (about 10 minutes walk across the river), with many shops and eateries in the vicinity. A taxi ride to Taipei central is only about NT350.

The hotel recommended massage at Deng shifu (about 5 min away by cab NT150). What a relief for our sore thighs and shoulders!

Breakfast buffet was good overall.

A good-value for money hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for view of river or corner room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed one night here after a road trip around Taiwan. The rooms are very nicely appointed. Great bathroom and multijet shower. Comfy bed. I had booked a room with a mountain view - my view was actually the building opposite, but I wasn't that bothered given I was only there for a short period. The hotel is a short walk to the Bitan area restaurants over the bridge, and walkable to the XinDing MRT station.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Tehran, Iran
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I had stayed in this hotel for about a week and had received excellent hospitality from the manager and all staff. They arranged for me everything from the enjoyable tea's dishes and transport from/to the airport. The hotel was clean and I had the privilege to enjoy fresh tropical fruits every day at my room. I had got a business room so could manage for my appointments and meetings easily. I could enjoy the view of the river (or as local says the lake). you can see the attached photos. The location is just about 150 meters far the subway and you can reach the public transport easily. Mr. Pam the manager was a great guy and excellent chef and he prepared a very special sea food dish for me which was incredibly delicious!

Room Tip: Have the business room and the great price offers to enjoy hospitality and a service better than a 5...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Rockville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

On a recent family vacation to Taiwan, a family friend gave us some vouchers to stay at the Beautiful Hotel. This was my second stay at this hotel. We had to book an extra night on hotels.com and the price was affordable ($140 a night including taxes)

Location -- The hotel is within walking distance from the Xindian MRT station, which is at the end of the red/green line. MRT trains run pretty frequently and it took us about 25 minutes to get from the Xindian station to the Taipei Main Station. The Xindian MRT station is across the bridge (about a 5 min walk down the hill). The hotel is located on a hill so walking from the MRT station up to the hotel might be a little strenuous for some. There is a 7-Eleven near the hotel, which was very convenient for getting snacks, extra water, and other necessities, and if you walk across the bridge there are little local eateries selling bowls of noodles, breakfast foods, fruit, etc.

Room-- Our room was on the 5th floor with a riverside view in the annex building across the small street from the building with the main lobby. The annex building had 2 small elevators and the hallway on our floor smelled like smoke. We tried to keep our room door closed as much as possible to limit the smoke smell from permeating into the room. The room itself was spacious (we had two double beds) and the bathroom was clean. The beds were comfortable (not super hard like other hotels that we stayed in during our Taiwan trip) and the area is generally quiet. Fresh fruit and 4 bottles of water were provided on the first day. There is a safe in the room but we couldn't get the safe to work.

Service -- The front desk staff speak English and were helpful, although we didn't ask them for much and we were able to communicate in Mandarin.

Overall, if you're looking for an affordable hotel during your stay in Taipei and don't mind taking the MRT, the Beautiful Hotel is a good deal. However, if you can find a similarly priced hotel in the main part of Taipei I would probably stay there instead.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We chose this hotel because I love to stay in Bitan (Xindian) when visiting Taipei. It's beautiful, relaxing, relatively cheap, and still just a short MRT ride from the city. This time, my family of four stayed in a family room at the Beautiful Hotel. The room was spotless and spacious, and the furnishing very elegant. Best of all, there was a curtained alcove with a beautiful view of the river, where I could read while the family slept. The breakfast buffet was more than adequate. Fresh fruit in the room was a nice touch. And the kids loved the many movie channels on the large flat-screen TV. The only complaint I have is that the down comforter was a bit smelly (needing some airing, I think). I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

I have stayed in Taipei hotels for 4 or so years - and this one is my preferred location. It isn't as close to downtown as some other hotels, but they make up for it with service and amenities. The rooms are spectacular, the location is great for outdoor runners because the river is right there and you can run along it. The staff are superior in their efforts to please and breakfast is really, really good. If you need a personal driver for the day, or if you need advice on getting around town you can count on the staff to offer it to you. I am honestly surprised that there aren't other reviews on this hotel since I meet Americans, British, Australian, and South Africans there all the time. Go with your gut, but I highly recommend this hotel if you don't need to be right in the center of town.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Beautiful Hotel? Share your experiences!