“Relaxing Treat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Downe Health Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hartland
Downe Health Spa
You added Downe Health Spa to your Saves list
Downe, Hartland EX39 6DA, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hartland
Bideford, United Kingdom
“Relaxing Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My partner & I took up the "Half Pamper Day" over the bank holiday weekend, and we are very glad we did!! Even though we turned up early, we were welcomed and shown around the spa. We had the wet-room to ourselves and took full advantage of the Jacuzzi, steam room & Sauna. We both also had a back, neck & shoulder massage, which was so relaxing I almost fell asleep!! Cream Tea on the terrace before departing topped off what had been a great experience. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have been three times now to Downe- each time I am in Devon I make sure I book a day with the lovely ladies! I am always beautifully looked-after with wonderful treatments and gorgeous food. The massages are to die for- totally and completely relaxing. Cream tea is perfect way to end the day.
Thank you so much and see you again soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We enjoyed a super day at Downe as a group of 6. We had the place to ourselves and were treated to two excellent therapies, a delicious lunch and a fabulous cream tea.

Just what we needed!

The service was excellent from start to finish and we'd go back again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2013
Devon, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

As part of a group of six we spent the day at the spa on the Celebration package. We were extremely well looked after and were lucky enough to have the entire spa to ourselves. The lunches were delicious, as was the cream tea in the afternoon. Our treatments were lovely and we thoroughly enjoyed the spa bath and sauna.

All in all a wonderful experience which we hope to do again soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we felt incredibly welcome at the spa. The tea and coffee and biscuits on arrival were a fabulous way to start the day. This was followed by a tour of the facilities and then our own time. The spa itself is completely relaxing and comfortable, with everything you could need on hand. The decor was beautiful, and immaculately clean. The treatments my mother and I had were all fantastic, and we were both made to feel incredibly pampered as the day went on. During lunch I was very impressed with the food, the selections and the service. Being coeliac there was a huge amount on the menu that I could choose from, and nothing was too much trouble for the staff.
Overall we had an incredible day. Sitting in the jacuzzi watching the gorgeous garden, and snuggled up on the sofa engrossed in a book between treatments was just what we both needed! We both simply can't wait to return, and I am hoping to have my pre wedding preparations there too! A beautiful place, fabulous staff and amazing experienc!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I visited for a pamper day with a friend. It was the first visit for both of us to this spa, although we have been on quite a few spa days in the past. We had a lovely relaxing day. We had a lovelly welcome with tea and biscuits in the comfortable lounge. The wet facilities were not the best that we have seen but they were adequate. The relaxing lounge, delicious lunch and lovely cream tea all contributed to make our day special. The treatments which we had were outstanding and by far the best we have ever had. The staff are all so friendly, welcoming and professional and it was a perfect day. We hope to return to repeat this lovely experience. Thank You.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We took the pamper day and by the end of it were pampered out. The service is exceptional as is the location. There have been comments that the facility is shabby but this is a lie and some people you will never please. We were made to feel incredibly welcome with tea and coffee then given a tour of the facilities. Putting on our robes and feeling like snoop dog we relaxed in the wet room which consists of a steam room, sauna and hot tub. These facilities were excellent and clean. We had a treatment each in the morning, i had reflexology which was not only incredibly relaxing but also informative as by playing with my feet the therapist was able to tell me I was stressed, dehydrated and constipated - all of which were true. After the therapy we had a very nice 2 course lunch followed by our next treatment. Mine was a sports massage and I was brutalised but again the treatment was excellent and as there were a few minutes I managed to fit in a pedicure and this again was excellent. After the treatments we relaxed in the wet room then had our cream teas and left. This place is awesome and we will be back. Ignore the negative reviews.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Downe Health Spa? Share your experiences!