“Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of GreenSurf Nicaragua Lodging

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in El Transito
GreenSurf Nicaragua Lodging
You added GreenSurf Nicaragua Lodging to your Saves list
Nagarote, Centro De Salud 400 MTS Oeste, El Transito, Nicaragua   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I've been to Green Surf twice in the last year and it is one of my favorite places in the world! El Transito is a great little fishing village, the people are so friendly and it shows you real Nica culture. I was a girl travelling by myself and notone did I feel unsafe. It is such an amazing country!! Dave is the greatest, so laid back and welcoming and willing to do anything to make your experince what you want it to be. The beaches and ocean are so quiet and perfect for a relaxing place to get away. It really is paradise. The waves are perfect for people learning and for more expereinced ppl to, really it just has it all. I have sent a few ppl there and will for sure be planning another trip back in the near future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Brooklyn New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My wife and I drove with my cousin and his girlfriend to Green Surf in El Transito this March. Within the first hour it was clear that this exclusive, beautiful, and safe setting was exactly what we needed to decompress from the busy noise of our lives in New York City. Dave at GreenSurf is quite simply, a man of the people. He has clearly earned the trust and respect of all of the locals, as well as the people he employs. Our rooms were spotless, and extremely comfortable. The food that was prepared for us was freshly made and delicious.

Walking the beach is a serene experience in El Transito. There were a handful of locals, but otherwise the beach was quiet. A cow even crossed in front of us on one of our sunset walks. When we returned to the relaxing hammocks on the porches of GreenSurf, it was not uncommon for us to sip on fresh coconut water while listening to the waves break.

Green Surf is a quiet and pristine place that Dave has taken great care and pride in preserving. He offered information and stories that conveyed his vision and gave us a true appreciation for where we were. I recommend GreenSurf warmly and without reservation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We could not have had a better time in El Transito! The beach was ideal and GreenSurf took us to the perfect spot to learn to surf. All 3 in my group were able to stand up on waves our first time out! We were picked up at the airport by a great driver and taken directly to our beachfront room. The food was excellent, especially the fresh seafood. Dave at Greensurf arranged for us to go fishing with some local fishermen and that was a highlight of our trip. Staff was super friendly and treated us like old friends. We could not have felt more welcomed into this wonderful community. Bring a good book to read while hanging out in one of the shaded beachfront hammocks and also lots of sunblock, the sun is intense here and there is no sunblock for sale in town (a sign of how untouched this place is by tourism).

Important: Safety was our biggest concern when traveling to Nicaragua. We walked around town barefoot and at night no problem. Left our things on the beach while surfing for hours. Had absolutely no concerns by the end of our trip. This is a small town and I felt very very safe here. The staff and owner of Greensurf were the best and clearly have a great relationship with the locals. I think this was most important in helping us to be welcomed into the community. I am already planning my return trip to Greensurf and would highly recommend it to all my friends.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Took a trip with a few friends to Nicaragua and stayed at the GreenSurf Lodge. We had such a good time that we all agreed that it is a no brainer to come back in the future. If its waves you want then waves you shall receive. Plan on bringing extra baggies and plenty of sun screen cause the waves just don't stop coming. Dave has such a special place, his network of local employees and friends make it seem as if your getting that back stage pass.
Thanks Dave for such a killer time
Kelly Repper

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I can't express enough how pleased I am with my son's experience at GreenSurf Nicaragua. As a mother who was sending my 13 year old out of the country for the first time, I was a complete nervous wreck, and second-guessed the trip several times. I have to say, we are already planning the next trip to GSN! I am beyond impressed with Dave, who went above and beyond to reassure me that everything would be great, and even went as far as to be in regular daily contact with me to further reassure that my son was having the time of his life while there. Dave's commitment to the safety of his clients, and his attention to individual and group interests and abilities, are second to none. In my estimation, this trip was so much more than the surf trip we originally intended. It was an opportunity for my son to immerse himself in a new culture and develop an appreciation for diversity. It was male bonding at its best, and an experience my son and his friends will never forget.

My son has been home for less than a week, and not a day has gone by that another memory or story hasn't surfaced. He loved the food, THE WAVES, the excursions to other locations, (i.e. the volcano, other towns, etc.), the people. The pictures keep coming, and they are just further affirmation of how badly my son wants to return, and how excited I am for him to do so. To Dave and all the GSN staff, THANK YOU for giving my son the experience of his young life. And to any future or potential travelers to GSN, it DOES NOT disappoint. I believe you will be pleased.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I thought that I might need my head examined sending my two sons, one age 20 and one age 13 to Nicaragua on a surf trip. Well, they have been back home now for 48 hours and the stories keep coming. They said it was all they dreamed of and more. The owner of the resort sent me an email every night with an update on the events of the day and to let me know all was well. They said the food was amazing, and the surf ...well it was Stellar...actually cant really quote the exact words of my youngest but its posted on Green Surf facebook. Thank you Dave for providing the trip of a lifetime but even more importantly assuring me a safe time for my boys. They are already planning next years trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My name is Mitchell and I'm from Pittsburgh. I moved to Florida about 3 years ago then right when I moved there I got into surfing. I am 13 and my favorite thing is surfing. I heard about green surf on Facebook. I looked at the pictures an they were killer!!:) the food was amazing and I really wanted to take the cook home!! El transito was the most safest area in nicaragua no guns drugs ect. There was alot of stores around the area and everyone was friendly. The waves were always big and fun. I was pretty scared at first but that is probe lily cause I'm a kid. But if I hade more money that would defentially come back. I never wanted to leave and that place grew closer to me everyday and I now think that that is my home. The best way to describe green surf nicaragua is (heaven on earth)

• Stayed November 2012

Been to GreenSurf Nicaragua Lodging? Share your experiences!