“Safe, Fun, Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of GreenSurf Nicaragua Lodging

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in El Transito
GreenSurf Nicaragua Lodging
You added GreenSurf Nicaragua Lodging to your Saves list
Nagarote, Centro De Salud 400 MTS Oeste, El Transito, Nicaragua   |
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Safe, Fun, Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We could not have had a better time in El Transito! The beach was ideal and GreenSurf took us to the perfect spot to learn to surf. All 3 in my group were able to stand up on waves our first time out! We were picked up at the airport by a great driver and taken directly to our beachfront room. The food was excellent, especially the fresh seafood. Dave at Greensurf arranged for us to go fishing with some local fishermen and that was a highlight of our trip. Staff was super friendly and treated us like old friends. We could not have felt more welcomed into this wonderful community. Bring a good book to read while hanging out in one of the shaded beachfront hammocks and also lots of sunblock, the sun is intense here and there is no sunblock for sale in town (a sign of how untouched this place is by tourism).

Important: Safety was our biggest concern when traveling to Nicaragua. We walked around town barefoot and at night no problem. Left our things on the beach while surfing for hours. Had absolutely no concerns by the end of our trip. This is a small town and I felt very very safe here. The staff and owner of Greensurf were the best and clearly have a great relationship with the locals. I think this was most important in helping us to be welcomed into the community. I am already planning my return trip to Greensurf and would highly recommend it to all my friends.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Took a trip with a few friends to Nicaragua and stayed at the GreenSurf Lodge. We had such a good time that we all agreed that it is a no brainer to come back in the future. If its waves you want then waves you shall receive. Plan on bringing extra baggies and plenty of sun screen cause the waves just don't stop coming. Dave has such a special place, his network of local employees and friends make it seem as if your getting that back stage pass.
Thanks Dave for such a killer time
Kelly Repper

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I can't express enough how pleased I am with my son's experience at GreenSurf Nicaragua. As a mother who was sending my 13 year old out of the country for the first time, I was a complete nervous wreck, and second-guessed the trip several times. I have to say, we are already planning the next trip to GSN! I am beyond impressed with Dave, who went above and beyond to reassure me that everything would be great, and even went as far as to be in regular daily contact with me to further reassure that my son was having the time of his life while there. Dave's commitment to the safety of his clients, and his attention to individual and group interests and abilities, are second to none. In my estimation, this trip was so much more than the surf trip we originally intended. It was an opportunity for my son to immerse himself in a new culture and develop an appreciation for diversity. It was male bonding at its best, and an experience my son and his friends will never forget.

My son has been home for less than a week, and not a day has gone by that another memory or story hasn't surfaced. He loved the food, THE WAVES, the excursions to other locations, (i.e. the volcano, other towns, etc.), the people. The pictures keep coming, and they are just further affirmation of how badly my son wants to return, and how excited I am for him to do so. To Dave and all the GSN staff, THANK YOU for giving my son the experience of his young life. And to any future or potential travelers to GSN, it DOES NOT disappoint. I believe you will be pleased.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I thought that I might need my head examined sending my two sons, one age 20 and one age 13 to Nicaragua on a surf trip. Well, they have been back home now for 48 hours and the stories keep coming. They said it was all they dreamed of and more. The owner of the resort sent me an email every night with an update on the events of the day and to let me know all was well. They said the food was amazing, and the surf ...well it was Stellar...actually cant really quote the exact words of my youngest but its posted on Green Surf facebook. Thank you Dave for providing the trip of a lifetime but even more importantly assuring me a safe time for my boys. They are already planning next years trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

My name is Mitchell and I'm from Pittsburgh. I moved to Florida about 3 years ago then right when I moved there I got into surfing. I am 13 and my favorite thing is surfing. I heard about green surf on Facebook. I looked at the pictures an they were killer!!:) the food was amazing and I really wanted to take the cook home!! El transito was the most safest area in nicaragua no guns drugs ect. There was alot of stores around the area and everyone was friendly. The waves were always big and fun. I was pretty scared at first but that is probe lily cause I'm a kid. But if I hade more money that would defentially come back. I never wanted to leave and that place grew closer to me everyday and I now think that that is my home. The best way to describe green surf nicaragua is (heaven on earth)

• Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

GreenSurf in El Transito is by far one of the coolest places I have ever been. Dave treated our group very well and made efforts to do everything he could with us. Not to even mention there are a few very good breaks within walking distance. It's a very clean place and is guarded very well during the night hours. There are a lot of things to do like make homemade coconut ice cream, surfing, exploring Transito and even hike the Cerro Negro volcano. After a hard days work the cook, Brenda will cook a fabulous 5 star meal. Some of the best food I have ever eaten. I would highly recommend Greensurf to anyone wanting to travel to Nicaragua. I would go back in a heart beat.

• Stayed November 2012
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Excellent place to relax and surf. Cool place in front of the beach and short walk from the fishing village of el transit. The site has what it takes to rest after a surf session. Dave is a good host and ensures that all is well. The food is excellent. the whole area is very safe, you can walk anywhere alone without any problem. The surf was good with sessions every day on a variety of different places. Beyond the surf was great to have the chance to get to know the main cities, some volcanoes and natural sites with greensurf.
We also had a couple nights out, first in Leon for Salsa Night...and then another in San Juan del Sur......but Leon was better, more people, more fun and the surf was better.
Everything together made the stay worthwhile.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to GreenSurf Nicaragua Lodging? Share your experiences!