“Not good” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Late Night
Downpatrick, United Kingdom
“Not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

The menu is always the same. It never changes and always tastes the same. I went with my sister and we both had hairs in our meals. We sent them back and got something different free of charge. I would go back here again. When you get a hair in your meal never mind a hair in two separate meals, it's hard to go back to dine there.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

surrey
“Stuffed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We were a party of 10, one in a wheelchair, which could have been a problem as they don't take reservations and we couldn't go upstairs. However, they promised to seat other people with us in mind. When the first 5 of our group arrived we were seated at a small table until a larger one was available - we were able to peruse the menu while waiting. By the time the others appeared we were at the main table and they had a short wait until another table adjoining us cleared. Eventually we were all together and had a most enjoyable meal to celebrate my Dad's 80th birthday. He went for the mixed grill and valliently cleared his plate (no doubt my granny had taught not to leave a scrap) even though it was huge! My lasagne was delicious and there was lots of it - however like a previous reviewer, the peas were unnecessary (I had a salad) and were so overcooked they'd lost virtually all their colour. That aside everyone enjoyed their mains. The desserts were delicious esp my fruit pavlova and the 2 cheesecake options went down a treat with the others. The service was fantastic - quick and cheery. As for value, our bill came to £114 for 7 adults and 3 children - amazing

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ballymena, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Popped in for lunch on a recommendation of a local and was pleasantly surprised, staff very friendly & efficient, had their roast lamb special, 3 slices of succulent lamb, served with champ, roast potatoes, broccoli, carrots & parsnip, good portion size, veg cooked el Dante and moderately priced. Diner unlicensed. Have no hesitation in recommending & no doubt will revisit if I find myself in Crossgar area.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
County Down
“Lovely Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Would eat here quite often and i have to say ive never had a bad meal. The food is beautiful and all homemade, the portion sizes are great. It is very reasonable pricewise, and the staff are friendly.

sometimes there is a bit of a queue for a table but trust me the wait is well worth it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Sunday dinners!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I quite regularly travel from Belfast down to Crossgar to AJs. They do the best sunday dinner EVER which I would highly recommend. The only downside is I think their desserts are a bit overpriced but all in all a great place for a great sunday dinner.

Visited October 2013