“One of the most beautiful drives I ever took!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Scenic Drives
Activities: Driving
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: A popular drive within Zion National Park.
3 attraction reviews
“One of the most beautiful drives I ever took!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

It took me hours to finish this very short drive because I just had to stop at every opportunity to take photographs and just appreciate every view. I went in the winter so the park was not crowded at all. I am not sure how crowded it gets in the summer but I assume there are lots of visitors since this is one of the most beautiful places in this country. I dare to say it is the most beautiful place I have ever been. It was certainly a treat and a required stop whenever I am in the area. In fact, next time I visit the park I would like to stay for several days to explore the park and have more time to enjoy its beauty.

• Indonesian first
Indio, California
42 attraction reviews
“You can only drive in the off season!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

During the summer and fall weekends you cannot drive in Zion! You can take the shuttle from the visitor center - which is a great way to see the canyon. Let someone else drive and hop and off where ever you want. The road through the canyon is spectacular!

Visited November 2013
Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
“spectacular scenery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Worth the time to go to the top and work your way down. Take it slow there is so much to see. Be prepared for hiking with water, food and a packpack.

st. louis, missouri
8 attraction reviews
“Can't miss drive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Get out of your house and visit one of the most amazing landscapes in the world! This drive was just beautiful. Words can't describe the depth of the beauty you can experience driving along the
Scenic drive or taking any of the hikes located along the way.

We stayed at Zion Lodge in the park and we're very pleased.

Some trails were closed due to snow and ice. The snow added to the beauty in my opinion and made it easy to see plenty of wildlife while in the area.

Epsom, Surrey, England
76 attraction reviews
“Very pleasant, easy, scenic, & photogenic drive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Sadly we had not allowed sufficient time to visit Zion Canyon National Park for one reason or another - primarily we were heart set on reaching the Grand Tetons & Yellowstone etc, then heading for Home - so this drive was the closest we came.

Like I said above - a very pleasant drive with lots of sports to take photos. we were there in early May, in the late afternoon, so missed out on the best sun light. Feel morning would have been better.

Thoroughly recommended.