“Shame on us Americans” 5 of 5 stars

800-200-1160
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Gather helpful information about your journey here.
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Shame on us Americans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Recently i and my wife visited this park in September. It is such a beautiful place i have no words to describe it.I wish i was a good writer or a poet.We hiked Zion narrows and Over looking trail. Park was crowded but very well managed.We were lucky to have favorable weather and of course politics...
We also visited Bryce,Capitol reef,Lake Powell,Monument Valley.All are wonderful.We had a great trip.We came home back with a pride of visiting such a wonderful places.A week after govt shut down and all the national parks are closed.It was a shock to me.How can we close such a beautiful places which are not made by us,but created by God. To me these places were like worshiping or for meditation.I can not imagine the feelings of visitors who were already there and had to leave,people who had plan to go there,local businesses and the employees at the local business,I still remember the enthusiasm of the staff at Visitor centers,Rangers,waiters and waitresses at local restaurants,housekeepers at the hotels and may other local community,they were all very helpful.I saw many foreign tourists from different countries,i am wondering what impression they will take with them about us.
Well i can write many pages about these.I am sure parks will reopen in few days its a God creation no one can close it forever.I am sure visitors who were already there will come back,many who had a plan to go there will not give up.
I think we should stop all these drama and think about it never happens again.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank prpatel007

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Beautiful but crowded”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Zion is beautiful but crowded. You now have to take a bus into the park instead of your own car. You park at a welcome center type of place and take buses into the attractions. I understand the need but to me it takes away from the experience.

If you want peace/solitude/nature, take the drive up Interstate 15 to the Kolob Canyon section of the park. There is about a 10-15 mile twisty road up into this section but the beauty/peace and great hiking opportunities make it well worthwhile.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Flybob6334580
Greenville, South Carolina
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Wow! Zion is beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was our first visit to Zion National Park ... We stayed in Hurricane, Utah and drove to Zion in the early morning . The drive in was spectacular.. The park even more amazing . We were there over the Labor Day weekend , so we parked outside the park & took the shuttle bus in. That worked perfect .
This park is fantastic ...don't miss it!

Visited September 2013
Corvallis, Oregon
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Zion National Park does it right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

First, the scenery is so beautiful you could spend weeks here and not see it all. You cannot drive in the Park (a good decision to save what is there for future visitors) but the shuttle system is totally thought out. There are covered shuttle stops all along the route and the buses run so frequently you can jump out to take pictures at any point and jump on another shuttle in just a few minutes. Many of the shuttle stops have bathroom facilities. The Park has coordinated with the city of Springdale so you never have to drive from the day you arrive until the day you leave. All the stops are wheelchair accessible and the drivers are very courteous. This is our sixth or seventh National Park and by far our favorite.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Beachgal003
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Beautiful park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

This park is so beautiful. We could only drive so far ourselves. You had to ride on a bus to see the entire park but we loved what we saw.

Visited June 2012