“A must do!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Geologic Formations, Hiking Trails, National Parks, Trails
Activities: Horseback riding, Hiking
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Angel's Landing is one of Zion's most spectular scenic outlooks; it can be reached only by a very demanding hike on the West Rim Trail.
Racine, Wisconsin
10 attraction reviews
“A must do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

A 1,5-hour hiking experience that is breathtaking (literally) but very rewarding when you get to the top. Amazing pictures, amazing place. Don't try to climb after 10am (like we did), 108F can become really challenging, but again doable if you have the desire.

Visited July 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
8 attraction reviews
“Amazing - Not for the Faint of Heart”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Born and raised a Midwesterner - actual mountains were only things you saw in pictures. Let me tell you after experiencing this hike that the pictures do not do it justice. For this hike in particular it is really hard to capture the perspective once you reach Angel's Landing but the experience you get from actually hiking it is absolutely unbelievable and totally worth every heart attack you may think you are having on the way.

This was my favorite hike from my week long hiking trip as I felt most accomplished after making it to the end. If you are afraid of heights like myself, you may be a little skeptical to try it but believe me it is worth it!! The adrenaline rush after making it to the top is like no other but don't push yourself if you can't make it all the way, Scouts point (before you really start getting vertical) is a wonderful accomplishment in itself and has just as beautiful views.

The hardest part of the hike (up to hikes point before the chain climbing) was probably the switchbacks as there are quite a few of them to get to the top. Bring plenty of water (my bf and I almost went through 170 oz between the two of us). It is not an unbearable hike up or down (but I would definitely not call it an easy one either) also probably not recommended if you have bad knees.

Merritt Island, Florida
8 attraction reviews
“You have to do it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Our group of 7, age range 14-60, hiked this with only a few stops on the way. Scouts Overlook was a great resting place for those of us that were a little unsure. Even for those that stopped there, we all felt a sense of accomplishment at the end of the hike.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
“Even better than everyone says (and not too hard) - do it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I was really nervous about this trek given the heat and my fixation with YouTube videos of it, but it was a total delight! We got the first bus (6am) so the temperature was cool and there was hardly anyone else around. The walk In is fantastic and diverse, with the middle leafy "refrigerator" canyon providing a lovely contrast to the steep sunbaked climbs. The bird song here was especially beautiful (although wasted on the few US hikers who love the sound of their own voice and can't help but loudly subject us all to the tedium of their work lives - there is more to life, people - you are a lost cause!).

The final climbs up to the summit were great fun but at no point did we feel rushed by anyone and the views are awesome. Watch out for the chipmunks at the top - I'm sure some must get taken home by accident in rucksacks. The nesting Peregrine falcons were also a great sight, although clearly there didn't really enjoy having us around their nesting area.

Coming down was just as much fun, although you do have to be patient and let queues pass.

In summary, this hike more than lived up to it's billing - enjoy!

midland
49 attraction reviews
“All it says it is”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We gutted it up and did the hike, at least most of it. did not do the chains. the view from Scout was great. a grueling hike to say the least but mostly paved. lots of switchbacks and resting spots. it was july so I will not complain too much about the crowds or the heat. I believe zion itself would be better in May or October.

Visited July 2014