“Haven't been since 1993. MUST COME BACK!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Geologic Formations, Hiking Trails, National Parks, Trails
Activities: Horseback riding, Hiking
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Angel's Landing is one of Zion's most spectular scenic outlooks; it can be reached only by a very demanding hike on the West Rim Trail.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Haven't been since 1993. MUST COME BACK!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2003

I went on a 6 week hiking trip out west in 1993. We covered Utah to BC.
Angel's landing was the most memorable hike of the whole 6 weeks, and we had hit the Grand Canyon, Banff, Yellowstone.... So I am making a point to come back this year!

• Polish first
“The Best Hike in Zion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2003

I took the hike to Angel's Landing the first week of April 2003. I caught the 1st shuttle to the trail head and watched the sunrise over the red cliffs on the first part of the hike. I was assured that this was a busy trail, but to my surprise, I did not see another person on the trail until my way back down. It was probably not wise to do the last part of the hike alone because of the drop offs, but, I had been planning to take this hike for sometime and continued anyway. The views were well worth the risk, and the solitude only added to the experience. I would highly recommend this hike to anyone who is in shape and diffinetly not affraid of heights.

A TripAdvisor Member
“A chilling hike to a breathtaking perch.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2001

When visiting Zion National Park, I would recommend one destination to all intrepid visitors: Angel's Landing.

The landing provides one of the overall best views of the canyon. The trail climbs 2.5 miles, at times along a knife-edge ridge that joins the landing to the western wall. Expect sheer 1,500 foot drops on all sides.

Not recommended for those with a fear of heights, but if you are up for a dramatic, and unforgettable climb, this one is for you!