“Zion Park - Your tax dollars at work” 5 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Top Rated
$239*
and up
Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks Small-Group...
Type: Canyons, Nature & Parks
Activities: Hiking
More attraction details
Owner description: The most popular route through Zion, which includes the famous top-to-bottom Narrows Hike, Weeping Rock, Emerald Pools, and Hidden Canyon.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Tampa, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Zion Park - Your tax dollars at work”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was my first visit to a national park. It is about 2.5 hrs from Las Vegas.
Hotels are lined up about a half mile from park. (I stayed at Hampton Inn. Excellent choice)
The park is beautiful beyond words. Great vistas. Try the "Ride with a Ranger". Sign up at the Desk in visitors center. It's very clean and organized. Buses run the scenic trail every 5 minutes.
Seniors can get a pass for $10 for all parks for a year!
Go.

Visited July 2014

Brisbane, Australia
103 attraction reviews
“Great Secenery !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I was here for 2 days spent one day on the small hikes and the other day Horse Riding up 2000 feet in the Park, The Shuttle Buses take you everywhere that you need to go, You will see wildlife just keep a eye out for them, There is much to see and do in this park with so many amazing views, Also spend some time in Springdale as it has quite a few Restaurants and some shops that you might like.

I had a great time here and would recommend Zion National Park to my Family and friends !!

Visited September 2013
Zaandam, The Netherlands
37 attraction reviews
“Zion's starting point”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The main canyon is your starting point for everything there is to visit. You will drive through it by car (or by shuttle bus during the peak of tourist season). Some wildlife can be seen, but Zion mostly offers both short and long hikes, including The Narrows and the Angel's Landing trail.

Visited August 2013
Santa Clarita
13 attraction reviews
“Adventures await”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We were staying in St George and took two different day trips to see Zion. The first day we made the mistake of not even trying to park inside the park. We took the Springdale Shuttle to the Zion shuttle, but had standing room only because we were the last stop. It's hard to do with 4 small kids (one in a back carrier), lunches, extra supplies (like diapers), and a camera to carry. Once we walked through the fee gate our group of 10 got on a Zion shuttle (although I think we cut in front of another group of waiting people, not sure, but there were no clear lines and it was so hot already at 10am). On the shuttle we tried to hear the tour recording, but there was a loud mouth behind us who wanted to let everyone know about her adventurous life. The views were amazing from the shuttle and we got to our destination (the Narrows) in about 45 minutes or less. The mile long river walk was ok with stops along the way to get into the Virgin River if one so desired. At the end of the river walk hike was a crowded pile up of people waiting for others or resting. They recommend having good hiking/water shoes, and a hiking stick/pole.The Outfitter store also sells neoprene socks (wetsuit for your toes), but people complained about them when they were hiking on dry land. Although I saw many types of shoes being worn and people with 2, 1, or no sticks I think everyone who came to the Narrows had some kind of adventure (I tell my kids an adventure is something you are doing that you have no idea the outcome, but you should still try it none the less).
Advice: I took off my jogging shoes and put on water shoes, big mistake! I should have had more support/protection under my arches. I wish my hiking sandals didn't break right before the trip (I guess it's better than during the trip). Also, I carried my youngest in a carrier on my back part of the way. That made my experience more trying and difficult. I had 5 other adult friends with me so I didn't have to worry about my other 3 young kids who were having a blast getting soaking wet. At one point one of my daughters lost her shoes twice. Each time we walked or swam down the river a ways and someone was putting the lost shoe in a place easy to find again. I lost my one of my own shoes that were tied to to the baby carrier on my back and found it tied to a tree near the entrance of the Narrows. So cool!!! I wanted to go further up the Narrows but I think I'm going to have to wait till my youngest is able to walk more on her own and next time I'll wear good hiking sandals. The walking stick was a life saver a few times.

Visited June 2014
6 attraction reviews
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Zion NP was just what I needed in getting away from the city. Great shuttle service into the park along with the guides pointing out things to see along the way. Most of the hikes were long of which I was not ready for. But the shorter hikes were great - especially to The Narrows and spend time in the river. Great time and views.

Visited July 2014