“Very disappointed” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Front Royal RV Campground

Front Royal RV Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shenandoah National Park
Front Royal RV Campground
340 S. Front Royal, Shenandoah National Park, VA (Formerly Front Royal KOA)   |
Culpeper, Virginia
“Very disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

We will never go back to this campground. A lot of false advertisements. They say they have two fishing ponds....don't bother to pack your rods and reels....it's a dangerous goat path to nowhere! It just sucked!!!

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Roanoke, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

We were in a water/electric site. Water leaked making mud so we kept it off when not needed. Nice tree canopy but NO grass and lots of dirt. Sites need gravel and alot of leveling. Missed having a lantern pole. Picnic table badly in need of repair - one bench loose on one end and popped up alot. Table top was uneven and caused spills. Cigarette butts all over the ground. Poison oak and ivy prevalent. Nice plantings in some places around the store area. Putt-putt needs paint, weeding and upgrading - wouldn't take much to make it nice. We thought the pool area was clean but chairs and tables very old and no lounge chairs. We thought it was a KOA but no, not nearly up to those standards. It was not crowded so facilities were adequate but with many more people that would have been a problem. Path to fish pond was steep with ruts and hard to negotiate for older people and small children. The couple operating the campground were friendly and nice to our grandkids. Will probably not repeat this visit unless some upgrades are made to the campground.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Staunton, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

the new owners speak broken english, we had no water for the first 2 hours, the pool was very dirty, the water slide did not work (full of dirt) the hot tub was cold and smelled, the grass was not cut there was nothing for our 3 year old to do. To sum it up they could not pay me enough to stay there again. They are the kings of FALSE ADVERTISEMENT! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. THEY WILL NOT REFUND IT.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Palm Bay, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

This place is now run by carians that can barley speak english, and all there doing is taking your money! The pool is so filthy and smells like urine I don't think thay ever put chemicals in it as it is cloudy, There is no lounge chairs to lay on they have kitchen chairs out there. The slide is nothing but a snake habitate as it it so grown up around it. We were lucky enough to get a cabin (that we booked 2 weeks in advance) but it was the worst on in the place I guess the good cabins are for there family because thats about all that was there this memorial day weekend! That and we witnessed people of there culture taking wood from the owners house mind you they charged an arm and a leg for us to purchase it. There is no snack bar anymore that building is all boarded up! They have the nerve to charge you for put put golf! This place is so run down please take your time away from home someplace else and keep our american dollar in our own country!
We'll be going to Jellystone park next time thats in Lauray VA. American owned thank you!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010 via mobile

If you only listen to1 review let it be this one. Pictures from brochures are highly fake. Only positive of this place was the pool. Couple that run it don't seem to have much of a clue. Cabin rentals? Oh yeah if that's what you want to call a bug infested small shack with more holes then Swiss cheese, and spend more time killing and fending off the bugs, the a quiet relaxing camping trip. So please do yourself a favor stay anywhere but here!

• Stayed May 2010
laurel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

Love it. The view is spectacular. Family oriented.
In Spring, the budding of the trees and activity of the wild life is wondrous to behold.
Summer is pleasant on top of the hill in this little burg of a campground. Kids splashing in the pool.
Horseshoes clanking while a son makes a ringer. One on one is played on the court. There are young ones crawling around on the pirate ship and gym. Can even get in 18 holes of putt putt.
Take a stroll down to the fishing pond. Toss back.
Fall, color me beautiful. You name a color and you will see it around you. Air crisp and with just a touch of chill. Bring a sweater. Walk the cow field and look for the Eagle. There are even miniature ponies if you look.
June and Mr. Kim will help with anything you need. Both are friendly and care that we have a good time.
As you can tell, I come here often. It’s a great get away from the hustle and bustle of DC and Baltimore.
Quick hop up the road down 66 or over Whites Ferry.
Relax, sit back and listens to the acorns hit the ground.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Harrisonburg VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2008

One star is far to much for this campground. I took a church group of kids there for the weekend to do some apple picking for the hungry nearby. There were 7 of us Friday night and 9 on Saturday as two kids showed up late. We rented an RV and a Tent site. We were charged $235. I quickly noticed it was "a little " high. I tried to explain that to the woman and man behind the counter, but they assured me it was correct. We had 5 staying in the camper and 2 staying in a tent. We tried to just set the tent up on the rv site because the girls were on their first camping trip and were afraid, but the man came by and told us we had to move it because " RV'ers are annoyed by tenters" . I went down to the store to cancel out the tent site and just get the empty RV site beside us for the girls. I explained that there were only two girls and they were afraid. He said "no". I again questioned spending more for the tent site than the RV. ($128) for two kids for two nights. He said it was correct and seemed annoyed with me. I returned the next morning to once more plead my case. I noticed he was charging me for the site plus 26 extra people. He was double charging me for each person. I tried to make him understand because of his broken english, I figured we had just had a communication issue. I wrote out on paper the numbers in my group. That is when he said I was lying. I quote. "How do I know thats how many you had last night?" I told him he had stopped by 4 times last night and should know, plus I had dropped by the previous night to make the changes because of the numbers. He said he could not be sure I was not lying and if he gave me a refund, the owner (which I think was him) would think he was stealing from the register. He told me to make sure I told them exactly how many I had next time I came. (as if I am ever going back!). In the end my kids lost over $100 to this crook. Don't even get me started on the conditions of the campground.

• Stayed October 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Front Royal RV Campground? Share your experiences!