I had read mixed reviews about Lewis Mountains' cabins and campsite, but I was very pleasantly surprised with what we found!
I was traveling with my parents and we arrived after hours (around 8.30 or so) on a Friday evening. The warden on duty in the camp shop (there's someone available 24 hours a day) was extremely welcoming and made sure we had everything we needed for the night. We stayed in cabin 10; it was clean, well furnished and more comfortable than other National Park accommodation I've stayed in. The warden was very apologetic about the "single" cabin (which contained a fully full-sized bed), and insisted on bringing a camp bed so that I didn't have to sleep on the floor--our usual set-up for 3-man trips!
We stayed for a couple of nights and I would certainly return again--what greater recommendation can there be!
- Also Known As:
- Lewis Mountain Campground Hotel
- Lewis Mountain Campground Hotel Shenandoah National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 32 site campground with laundry and shower facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Lewis Mountain Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.