“Stunning fall color” 5 of 5 stars

Top Rated
$125*
and up
Day Trip to Shenandoah National Park
Type: Scenic Drives, Bodies of Water, Nature & Parks, Outdoor Activities, Sights & Landmarks
Activities: Driving, Biking
More attraction details
Owner description: 105-mile scenic drive built in the 1930's goes through the entire length of the park.
Charlottesville, Virginia
16 attraction reviews
“Stunning fall color”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I wasn't sure what we'd see, since the fall had been very warm, but the colors from the ridge looked fantastic. I'd love to go Big Meadow Lodge for a sunset dinner.

Visited October 2012

Alexandria, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
“Love love love -- 365 days a year!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I usually only travel Skyline Drive in the summer or fall (for the colors), but recently spent a weekend at a nearby cabin. My better half and I spent two full days hiking the trails and it couldn't have been more perfect. Middle of winter or not -- Skyline Drive is gorgeous and a must-see.

Visited January 2013
Bangor, Pennsylvania
9 attraction reviews
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

It's a nice relaxing drive with plenty of places to pull over and enjoy spectacular views. The speed limit is 25mph so don't be in a hurry.

Visited May 2012
437 attraction reviews
“Fall Color to Die For....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

but make sure you have a map of the trail you plan to hike. For my first Autumn back in the US in 4 years, I decided a drive down Skyline Drive was just what the doctor ordered. It had rained the day before so when I entered the park there was a low level fog that made for an eerie drive. But as I moved along, the fog started to clear and the color was just awe inspiring. I had heard about a great hike on the Rose River Trail and all the waterfalls along it. I found one end of the trail head and started along, but I must have missed a turn. I ended up at a lovely waterfall (later found out it was the Dark Hallow Falls) and took the trail from there. I ended up a mile from my car. So if you decide to go for a hike make sure you know EXACTLY where you are suppose to go. Otherwise it was a great morning in a beautiful place....

Visited October 2012
Charlottesville, Virginia
6 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Virginia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This drive is one of the most beautiful on the eastern Seaboard. Breath taking views and worth going in every season.

Visited September 2012