Loved Family Camp at Montecito Sequoia Lodge!
- Kids activities were fantastic, varied, and great new experiences. More than even listed on their website.
- Kids were supervised by enthusiastic, charming counselors many of whom grew up going to this camp every year. Morning pow-wow with fun camp songs for all.
- Parents had tons of free time knowing the kids were well looked after
- Grown up activities were fantastic, hugely varied, from learning to mountain bike, to yoga, hiking, tie-dye and arts and crafts, astronomy. Or you could sit at the pool and read
- Easy to get evening babysitters at affordable rates
- Food was really good, and plentiful
- At least half of the campers were repeats, a big vote of confidence, in fact you will find some families and groups who have been coming for years and years
- Lodge rooms are adequate, not luxurious, bathrooms and beds were fine. This is a rustic but comfortable enough camp, not the four seasons
- Pool is fine, but not big enough for true lap swimming
- Lake is pretty small, fine for beginner waterskiers but not huge
- Not cheap, but you do get alot for you money. Prices quoted do not include 13% taxes, AND add additional 10% on top for gratuities at end of stay - it is expected, as is a large portion of counselors pay. By end of week you will agree they are worth it
- Many folks need a day to adjust to altitude
All in all a wonderful family experience with loads of fun and relaxation for kids and parents. Love that the parents get to go to camp too!