“Excellent” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Montecito Sequoia Lodge

You added Montecito Sequoia Lodge to your Saves list
Montecito Sequoia Lodge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   63410 General's Hwy, Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park, CA 93633   |
Carrollton, Texas
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Location is superb,staff is excellent in everything they do, several choice for food and beverages,room size is small but comfortable.lots of activities for all ages.driving distance from Los Angeles is about 5 hours and 2 hours from Fresno,ca.this facility does not have fitness center .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Coppell, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed at this lodge from 27th Sept. through 2nd October 2013. I chanced upon it by default through Sequoia and Kings canyon National Park's website. I am glad that I chanced upon it. It's a great place to stay in Sequoia National Park. I had a single room, which was basic but quite comfortable. The bathroom size was quite nice. My room as well as the bathroom, each, had a nice size window overlooking a small lake. The view from this window in the morning as the sun rose was out of this world.

The staff is very friendly, helpful and eager to take care of the guests with smile. My dealings were with Nancy, the Lodge manager, Nick and Finch, the hike guide. I enjoyed interacting with them. The food is buffet style with a great deal of variety and excellent. Sometimes for breakfast they have "made to order" omelets! One can also request picnic/sack lunch the previous evening. Chefs, Bob and John do a great job.There is a basic bar and they allow you to bring your own wine. The corkage fee is the lowest I have ever seen anywhere! Price of various drinks is quite.
comparable to other places.

They have a variety of activities every day for adults as well as kids. Every day they offer one trail hike with a trail guide. The other activities available are paddle boating, canoeing, table tennis, basket ball, trampoline, volley ball, swimming pool, and hot tub. Some nights they do campfire.

Free WI-fi is available in the dining hall. Adjacent to the dining hall is a huge deck offering panoramic views of the mountains forming the Western Divide. One can just sit there for quite sometime and take in the views!

Overall, a great place to stay in Sequoia National Park. I hope I would have an opportunity to return to this place.

Room Tip: If you are reserving a single room , ask for the room # 137 in Sugar Pine Lodge.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Wrea Green, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I know it has Lodge in the title but I booked this after searching for 'hotel' and even this review offers the site as a Hotel. It was liking going back to school with 'quiet time after 10.00'.I still await whether dinner in the evening was in my bill - I assumed not as not mentioned in my 'reservation' but staff spoke as of it should be. .. There may be a need for places like this and can see a better fit with skiing but in September seemed a very odd experience I wouldn't want to repeat .The prices was sky high for an individual. Anyone walking in corridors at 6.00 woke everyone else up.Couldnt finish the breakfast - very unusual .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Euless, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

It was one of the best places I have stayed. The chief was so nice that he cooked veg. food for the vegetarian guest. All the guest were really helpful and kind. Thanks, for the great time. The location is also the best and the view are really good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We have stayed at Montecito Sequoia a few times before, but there's something new that I didn't see on the website-- new beautiful 2-story cabins. They are more like condos. I didn't stay in one because I didn't know about them when I booked, but new friends (met over a game of Scrabble our first night) let us take a peak. OK, back to our main lodge room experience. The Lodge rooms are comfortable and clean. We were in 102, which looks out over the Western Divide. Yummy meals. Plus juice, coffee, soup, etc. available all the time. We mostly did day hikes, rode bikes, and rowed around the lake. You can pretty much head in any direction from the lodge to get fabulous views. We hiked the nordic ski trails but without the snow. We asked to have a picnic lunch to take with us each day. No extra charge. I like the all-inclusive part of the deal because I love to eat and get hungry after so much exploring. Evenings in the great room were really fun. Also, the lodge staff was quite friendly and helped us with everything we needed. An A+ vacation. Kids vote we do it again soon!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My stay in this place was perfect. I slept in the cabine a pefect quiet night. The food is amazing for this kind of place, a lot of fresh vegetables and fruits, fish, beef and marvelous desserts.
The staff is also perfect, gentle and polite.

The lodge is situated in the middle of the park, close to the Kings Canyon and the other attraction.

Thank you so much for the best experience in the west.

Room Tip: The cabin, even without bathroom, is so marvelous, because has a fireplace, it's so romantic.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sedona, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We spent one day/evening at the Montecito Lodge in beautiful Sequoia National Park. The lodge was not exactly what we expected. When I hear "lodge" I think of a very large building with guest rooms, dining facilities, shops (maybe), coffee shop. This is really none of that. It has a very large "lodge" building that is quite old and just plain out of date. I believe there may be some rooms on the 2nd floor but not sure. The furniture is old and outdated. Something out of the 60s. Kind of reminded us of the "Griswolds go to Montecito Lodge." When you arrive down a long dirt road (1/2 mile maybe) off the main park road, you drive up to within about 50-100 feet of the lodge. You then have to walk through dust/dirt to get to the reception area. No cars allowed. We stayed in a two-story "cabin" located about another 100 feet from the lodge. We were not allowed to drive to the cabin either so we had to drag/carry our luggage/cooler, etc. across dirt and dust to get to the room. Not good. We had to park our car about 300 feet away in a public parking area. The rooms were spartan, dated, uninviting to say the least. The pillows were hard as a rock and THICK! Our bed tilted slightly so we had to be careful not to fall out....seriously. Luckily the guests in the room next to ours were quiet. Had they been the least bit loud it would have been a miserable night. Paper thin walls. The views from the lodge were beautiful. They served three meals as part of their package. We ate dinner (buffet) and had chicken, fish, vegetables, noodles, salad bar so not too bad at all. They have a bar area with wine, beer and alcohol. The property has a swimming pool, hot tub, trampoline, patios with nice chairs. But rustic, very rustic and not well maintained. It's like a step up from camping. They also have a really beautiful large pond on property that has canoes, paddle boats, a floating platform in the middle. Sandy beach area too. So if you're into roughing it a little bit as far as the accommodations I mentioned you might enjoy this lodge. One thing to keep in mind is that it is located at the midpoint of the park so you can drive to the furthest parts of the park in maybe an hour or so. The driving is very windy, slow and beautiful. Average 30 MPH.

Room Tip: Someone we talked to while there said they were in the "new" rooms which were nice. Our r...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Montecito Sequoia Lodge? Share your experiences!