My wife and I have been going to Silver City since 1988 and we have always loved it - until this visit. The area is beautiful and worth the long drive up the winding road. The cabins have always been rustic and that is fine, however they have not been well maintained since our last visit. For the price paid I expect there to be at least some work to keep the cabins in good shape. We stayed in the same cabin (Sunny Point) and the porch fence is actually falling off - dangerous. Paint was peeling from the deck and the inside of the cabin was really not at all clean. The toilet looked like it had not been cleaned in a while (I cleaned it)! Worse - we ate at a special Guest Chef night at the lodge and were served an hour and 15 minutes later than our reservation and we all got food poisoning!!! We were sick as dogs the next day.
Finally, I had a dispute over the bill when checking out and it went poorly. Honestly, I am very sad that the place has changed hands. It has fallen on hard times and I think the management needs a little more prfessional help keeping the place up. They appear to be trying to make improvements (adding a rec room and improving size of kitchen) but the grounds were a mess and there was garbage laying all over. I am afraid I have to say I dont recommend it anymore.
- Also Known As:
- Silver City Mountain Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Silver City Mountain Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silver City Resort is a small boutique resort nestled deep in Sequoia National Park just minutes away from the breathtaking high altitude Mineral King Valley. What makes this destination so unique is that it shares its history with two of the oldest alpine settlements in the western United States. Within the Sierra Nevada mountain range of California, Silver City Resort and the neighboring seasonal communities of Silver City and Mineral King, contain more chapters of shared human history than any other community in the High Sierras for over 130 years. Silver City Resort offers a truly unique mountain experience. Located 21 miles up Mineral King Road Silver City offers lodging away from the hustle and bustle of the main tourism. Silver City offers guests an authentic mountain experience perfect for families, avid hikers, adventure seekers, and people who love nature. We provide private cabins each with a fully stocked kitchen, including pots and pans, dishes, cooking utensils, baking bowls, cutlery, silverware, etc… We have beautiful spacious chalets with open beam ceilings, bathrooms and showers. If luxury is not your cup of tea we also have smaller family cabins and last but not least our rugged historic cabins. Whether you are an adventurer looking for lodging in Sequoia, or a family looking for a great getaway Silver City Mountain Resort offers lodging during the summer months in Sequoia National Park. Opening up Memorial Day weekend in May and closing in mid to late October depending on snow fall. Silver City also includes a small store and restaurant. The resort is located 21 miles up Mineral King Road in the little cabin communities of Silver City and near the beautiful Mineral King Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Silver City Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.