“Good Pizza” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The Harrison Grill is located in the center of Sequoia National Park next to the Lodgepole Visitor Center and the Lodgepole Campground. It is located in the Lodgepole Market Center, right next to the Watchtower Deli (the only other Lodgepole restaurant). The place is open every day for lunch and dinner in the summer (no idea what the hours are in the low season). They have tables inside and also have a bunch of picnic tables on the patio.

I went in mid-July with my wife for a quick dinner one evening and lunch the next day. I ordered a couple of slices of pizza both times (you can order a whole pizza or slices). I thought the pizza was good but my wife thought it was too greasy. I liked it because it had thicker crust and great sauce. My wife had a cheeseburger and fries the next day and enjoyed that meal better (I had a few bites and thought they were good too). The place is basically a glorified snack bar as they serve hot dogs, hamburgers, fries, pizza and a couple of other items. The prices were very reasonable considering we were up in the mountains and there were not too many other choices (they could have charged more and I would have paid it).

The service was poor the first night as the young male workers were talking with the off duty female workers and were distracted and slow. It was not very busy during the dinner hour but the line was long for lunch the next day.

If you are looking for a nice quick lunch or dinner check out The Harrison Grill (there really are not many restaurant choices in Sequoia National Park). If the weather is nice make sure you eat outside at one of the picnic tables.

• Visited July 2013