“A favorite cave” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Activities: Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Crystal Cave is a marble cave near the Giant Forest, Sequoia National Park.
Kernville, CA
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A favorite cave”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The name says it all; Many of the formations are crystalline, less opaque than many other caves. The passages wind and bring new surprises, a wide variety of formations and colors. Well maintained and staffed, a most pleasant experience.

Lemoore, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

It was nice and cool in the cave. You may need to bring a light jacket. The trail to the cave was somewhat long, but I did not mind. The beauty of the cave was well worth it.

Visited September 2012
Duesseldorf, Germany
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Wonderful, accessible cave”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The cave is small, but very accessible for all, though there are some spots where larger persons may have problems squeezing through.

It is best to visit in smaller groups, as I can see visits with larger groups not being worth it. We went on the last visit on a Sunday, and there were only six persons, including the guide.

It is definitely worth a visit if you go to Sequoia.

Visited November 2012
Reno, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“good experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I thought the cave was OK. ( I may be jaded since I've been to many caves in the past) The electricity was turned off so the experience was by flashlight only. I thought that was kind of cool, and my kids loved it. (I think they could have adjusted the rather steep ticket prices considering). There were some very nice curtains, but we couldn't really see some of the features as well as I would have liked. The real problem we had was that our very knowledgeable guide hustled us through the cave very quickly, then stopped for long periods at the 3 main stops to tell us about the different features that we hadn't been able to see.
The road to get to the cave is very long and winding, and it does take quite a while to get there. As has been mentioned earlier, do not attempt the hike to the cave if you are not in decent shape. The trail is pretty short, but very steep. My 5 year old had no problem with it, but her dad was huffing a little.

Visited November 2012
Ventura, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Interesting and Informative”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were able to take the Crystal Cave tour with the "ghosts of the past" on Saturday, Oct 27th. I had been to the cave before, but this presentation was an added bonus. We left with a better sense of the history of the cave as well as appreciating the beauty of its interior. The area surrounding it does have a relatively steep climb into and out of the cave, so not for those with physical limitations. Some reviews said this was a moderate hike, but many on the way back up noted it was strenuous-not for length, but for the climb out! Great place to learn both some American history and science as you enjoy the natural beauty of the river, waterfalls and the cave itself.

Visited October 2012