“good experience” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Caverns/ Caves, Outdoors
Activities: Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Crystal Cave is a marble cave near the Giant Forest, Sequoia National Park.
Reno, Nevada
“good experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I thought the cave was OK. ( I may be jaded since I've been to many caves in the past) The electricity was turned off so the experience was by flashlight only. I thought that was kind of cool, and my kids loved it. (I think they could have adjusted the rather steep ticket prices considering). There were some very nice curtains, but we couldn't really see some of the features as well as I would have liked. The real problem we had was that our very knowledgeable guide hustled us through the cave very quickly, then stopped for long periods at the 3 main stops to tell us about the different features that we hadn't been able to see.
The road to get to the cave is very long and winding, and it does take quite a while to get there. As has been mentioned earlier, do not attempt the hike to the cave if you are not in decent shape. The trail is pretty short, but very steep. My 5 year old had no problem with it, but her dad was huffing a little.

Visited November 2012

Ventura, California
4 attraction reviews
“Interesting and Informative”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were able to take the Crystal Cave tour with the "ghosts of the past" on Saturday, Oct 27th. I had been to the cave before, but this presentation was an added bonus. We left with a better sense of the history of the cave as well as appreciating the beauty of its interior. The area surrounding it does have a relatively steep climb into and out of the cave, so not for those with physical limitations. Some reviews said this was a moderate hike, but many on the way back up noted it was strenuous-not for length, but for the climb out! Great place to learn both some American history and science as you enjoy the natural beauty of the river, waterfalls and the cave itself.

Visited October 2012
new york
58 attraction reviews
“Interesting Cave Tour with a small hike thrown in...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Prepare for a drive to the cave and then a 1/2 mile hike to get to the entrance. The hike in could be strenous for some people who are used to flat smooth walking surfaces. You go up and down small hills and stairs, theres rocks to watch out for and surface is not smooth for most of the walk. You go by waterfalls which are very pretty and make the hike in that much more enjoyable. The tour guides are very knowledgeable and the groups are small enough so you can hear them and ask questions if you want to. The walk in the cave is easier than the hike to the cave at least I think it was. It was smooth and very little incline through most of the walk. There were some stairs but they werent steep like some of the cave tours I've been in before. Our tour lasted about an hour and cost around $13 a piece.

Visited September 2012
Bakersfield, California
“Beautiful Formations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I love to look at the beautiful formations - very educational. I have been there more than 5 times and plan to go back before the weather gets too cold.

Visalia, California
“Stunning to view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Although it's been quite a few years since I've visited the Crystal Caves, it was truly an adventure. I recommend it highly as an excursion with children. Educational. Remember though that it is pretty cool inside the caves.