We really wanted to love grant grove but, unfortunately, we just didn't.
We came here for two nights as part of a honeymoon trip and stayed in a "Rustic Cabin". We had reasonable expectations and knew this was a rustic environment. We both have extensive camping and hiking experience and we were looking forward to "being one with nature". This did not deliver.
- Excellent location and very convenient to the visitor center and several lovely hiking routes.
- Reasonably comfortable beds.
- Filthy!. this was our biggest concern with this place. It seemed as if the carpets had not been cleaned in decades. The door and window sills were caked with dust and we had several unidentified "lumps" of dirt stuck above the door. The sheets on both beds were covered in black specks of something. The heater was so dirty we did not want to touch it. It is gas operated and the whole room smelled heavily of gas.
We had serious concerns our first night. We were scratching ourselves bloody after spending some time in bed. However, I don't believe there were bed bugs, I am not sure what caused it, maybe it is just the dirt in bed or the sheets. Either way, we found it scratchy.
- Service: we found it mediocre on several occasions. Upon check in we were told that showers were 25 cent for 3 minutes and that they were coin operated. We later realized that you actually had to feed the shower 4 quarters to even make it start (unfortunately not until after we found ourselves naked in the shower with no more quarters on hand and no way to shower). This information was given to us by a fellow guest, it is not explained anywhere.
Housekeeping was not very good either. Aside from the above mentioned filth, we also had the previous guest's trash in the room upon arrival. This was not hidden out of sight, the trash can had simply not been emptied.
To sum it up - next time we will go camping instead, it will be cheaper and cleaner.
- Also Known As:
- Grant Grove Cabins Hotel
- Grant Grove Cabins Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Grant Grove Cabins Ca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Grant Grove Village, these cabins are for guests who want a more rustic experience, while enjoying a convenient location from which to explore all the sights and activities found in both Sequoia and Kings Canyon. ... more less