The Wuksachi Lodge was perfect! The room, with king bed, was simple but very comfortable and quiet. Nice tree view. One does have to schlep bags a ways but you can get help.
I had read the previous reviews so knew to make dinner reservations ahead--the restaurant is small. We had a scrumptious meal with prices in the expected range. Best service we have ever had anywhere. We even spent the evening sitting in the lodge common room by the fire. It just felt really good there!
We enjoyed the whole experience and delighted in the pre-Christmas snow. The roads were clear and kept up so we had no problem as we do not have 4-wheel drive. The big trees are spectacular. We recommend this trip highly!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Otel, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge