A good example of monoply lodging. Great location--no competion inside the Park, and it's an hour drive on 10 mile an hour curved roads to the nearest competion unless you want to camp. We visited for two nights in August 2005, and with no A/C the rooms were miserably hot and stuffy, with no way to get cool night air circulating. The mountain view is great, but in the summer, opt for ground floor, forest view--it's cooler. We had to keep the blinds drawn in the daytime to keep the room from going over 90 degrees all nignt, so the mountain view was not of much value.
The restaurant was overpriced at dinner for the quality of food. The chef had just left, and we got his apprentice. In a month or two, things might be better. Their is no restaurant alternative either--the Park Service needs to let some competition in!
Good wildlife viewing around--deer in the parking lot. Room size and quality was fine, just hot!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge