We had dinner at Wuksashi lodge, and for the most part, found it excellent. Our daughters are gluten-free, one is also dairy-free, so we really appreciated that the menu was marked to show which items were GF, DF, vegetarian, vegan, organic, heart-healthy, etc. I had the lavender, honey glazed venison, which was outstanding. My husband wasn't quite as satisfied with the vegetarian options he choose (vegan corn chowder and a lentil-based veggie burger). But our daughters were delighted to have so many gluten-free options to choose from. If the veggie offerings were as good as the meat offerings, I would have given it five stars. Pleasant, casual setting. Reservations were required on the night we ate there (a Thursday in August). It was our best meal in the park, but then we cooked all the others ourselves.
We stayed just one might here, having spent the majority of our time in another part of the park, at Silver City Resort, where we had a spacious chalet with a grill and kitchen. This was supposed to be our one night of more luxurious accommodations, but it wasn't exactly that. It was more like a basic motel room in a pleasant surrounding. Wuksaschi lodge itself is lovely. The rooms are detached from the lodge, a short walk away. They were clean and comfortable, but nothing to write home about. After coming from a more remote part of the park, we were disappointed that there wasn't better internet coverage (only in the lobby and intermittent at that), but then that's not what we came to Sequoia for anyway. Sorry kids, you'll just have to read a book!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge