We had a terrible experience at the front desk, the front desk agents were helpful and as professional as possible considering they were constantly being barked at by, who they later informed me was their manager, Kim Day, She was rude and condescending and refused to answer their questions. It was very busy at the time and we had requested an early check-in (noon) however we were not allowed in our room until well after 6:30 (standard check-in was at 4.) When we asked to speak to a manager, Steven (who was very professional and nice) went into the back office and got Kim, she came out, sighed deeply, visibly annoyed, did not even look up as we explained our frustration and did very little to help us. She blamed the laundry company, did not apologize, yelled at the bellman from across the lobby telling him he "worked too slowly," and then went back into her office. Luckily Steven gave us a breakfast voucher but Kim ruined the experience and excitement of check in for us. I can't believe someone like this is allowed to work in the hospitality industry. The rooms were nice if basic and not properly cleaned or inspected, the restaurant servers were polite and efficient, considering they were poorly trained and understaffed, the park was totally gorgeous. The property has such amazing potential but it is very clear that the managment has no idea how to hire and train professional staff and maintain an organized professional buisness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Odigeo so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge