Tips: do not bring your luggage to the front desk... the rooms are in separate buildings. There's no A/C (only heaters). We opened the windows in our room. Please make sure to make restaurant reservations way ahead of time. There's no other closer restaurants. The convenient store and sandwich place is not open at night. The convenient store had practically everything we needed (even Desitin). In addition, there's showers for the campers and a post office too.
The food was great! The variety of the menu was also a nice surprise if you have any diet restrictions. The lavender ice cream and the red velvet cake was delicious. My favorites were the venison and the ribs. The staff was very pleasant. Be realistic at diner time, it gets very busy. The staff cannot accommodate everyone at the same time. There's a $10 fee if you bring your own bottle of wine (it's actually cheaper to pay the fee).
The room was clean and nice. Remember that this is NOT the Ritz. Some people were expecting a luxurious room... come on! This is in the middle of the park. Another good thing was the location. The main park attractions are nearby. Beware, but enjoy watching the wildlife at the back of the lodge. Bring your binoculars and watch the stars too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge