When we arrived at the hotel we were advised that dinner reservations were required and that we should check on availability immediately. Since we were willing to be seated right away, we filled a cancelled reservation. The dining room was lovely-with close up views of the mountains and woods. Two of us shared 1) a 3 course meal of steak, Caesar salad, and cobbler; and 2) lamb shank, risotto and broccoli rabe. Everything was delicious except for the "roasted potatoes" that seemed to be baked potatoes sliced in four parts. The lamb shank and risotto were especially wonderful. Dinner for two with one glass of wine, one tea and tip was $87, which didn't seem too bad for a national park meal.
Because we ate before going to our room, it was dark when we moved in. Despite the warnings and waivers about bear activity, there was very poor lighting in the parking lot and on walkways. We had some difficulty determining where to enter the middle building and were surprised to find that the entry was on the second floor, although our room was on the first floor. This wasn't a problem for us, but I think that it could be for some folks since there was no elevator. When we arrived in the room, we were dismayed by the condition/cleanliness, but felt that we had no option at 9:30 since we had been told that the lodge was full. The next morning I spoke to a manager who reduced the price by 75%.
The buildings were in a lovely location, and I would stay there again, despite the problems we encountered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and getaroom.com so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge