This is a very nice lodge with a fantastic location. All of the staff are very friendly. But do be prepared. Other than the lodge restaurant and a nearby market, there are no other dining options. The rooms do have a small refrigerator so you can stock up on beverages and snacks. A coffee maker is provided, but no microwave ovens in the room. The lodge restaurant is nice. The only issue is the restaurant service. The food is good and all of the servers are very friendly, but they do not quite have it together. On both dining experiences we had to ask for water, bread, and forgotten drink orders. And be sure to make reservations for dinner. With limited dining options, the restaurant fills up.
I would suggest upgrading to a superior room. They are spacious, comfortable and offer nice views. There are no elevators so if stairs are an issue be sure to ask for a ground floor.
Overall, I would recommend this lodge. The location and friendly staff make for an enjoyable visit to the park. We plan to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Otel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge