Having stayed in multiple National Parks, we have a good feel for expectations - with few exceptions, luxury is not an option and families are and should be a target traveler with many people from around the world. Our National Parks never disappoint - however this property left me feeling embarrassed that world travelers experience this lack of quality when visiting such a beautiful park. That said, based on our visiting other options in this park, all left a lot to be desired. The first room we had was just dirty - carpet, bedspread with holes in it, dirty blanket. The manager was very nice in moving us - this room was nicer, however the bedspread had holes in the underneath as the other room did - clearly they are way past needing replacement. The restaurant is the best option in the park, but the food is mediocre and you should plan on waiting 1+ hours for your food. I ordered a 'boxed lunch' for taking on a picnic - leaving my order on my door well before the 9:00 time stated, and no one picked up my order so no picnic. When checking out, my bill was all screwed up with incorrect room rates. The best part of this 'lodge' is that it is inside the park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge® is Sequoia’s signature resort, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at 7,200-foot elevation. Nestled amongst the tall timbers in Sequoia National Park, Wuksachi Lodge offers the perfect respite for anyone looking for a place to reconnect with friends, family and the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Wuksachi Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village Hotel Sequoia And Kings Canyon National Park
- Wuksachi Lodge And Village
- Wuksachi Hotel Village
- Wuksachi Village And Lodge